You Can't Be Serious...

Okay sandyverse here's your request. I hope you like it. I tried to write it good and then this just happened. Oh well. Don't forget to comment.

***************************

"No."

"But he could be a great asset to the team. I mean he could really-"

"I said No, Rodgers." Tony glares at the super soldier. "I'm not bringing a kid into this mess. He has a job. He stands up for the little guy. He's safer that way."

"He has potential Tony. We won't be here forever, and someone is going to take our place. I would rather Peter lead the future Avengers than to leave the world defenseless!"

"He's 15!!"

"Ask Fury, and I'm sure he'll agree. The kid needs to train, and to be out on missions. It's better for him to try this while we're here with him." Tony tries to fight the oncoming headache as he thinks of what all could go wrong. He couldn't lose Peter. He looks up at the soldier one more time before shrugging his shoulders and walking towards the doors.

"We'll see what Fury says. Then I'll decide."

________________

Fury listens as the two argue back and forth. Stark had called Fury, saying he needed to come to the tower for an important meeting. Fury had tried to refuse, but to know avail. Stark had said it was urgent and wouldn't take no for an answer, so here he is.

He's confused as to what's going on at the moment. Both Rodgers and Stark are debating about an addition of a new team member, but Fury has no idea who they're talking about. The two argue for a few minutes more before he decides to step in.

"Well first of all-" Neither of the heroes at listening. Fury tries in vain a few more times to get their attention, but when it doesn't work he begins to lose his temper. "BOTH OF YOU JUST SHUT UP!!" The two men look to the director in shock. They look away from one another, not sure of who is going to speak first.

"Fury," Guess it's gonna be Steve. "He can be great on the team. With a little more training, he could be the one who tips the scale in a difficult battle."

"What are you talking about, Captain? No, I'll do you one better. Who are you talking about?"

"The Spider-Man." The director looks to Tony, who clearly hates the idea.

"What about you Stark?"

"I said no. I can't let Peter-" Tony's eyes widen as he realizes what he's just said. He just revealed Spider-Man's identity to the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. Tony had already decided that S.H.I.E.L.D would never know who Spider-Man was. They had been hacked once before, brought down from the inside. If anyone found out about Peter, he could be in serious trouble.

"Who is Peter?!" Fury asks, still annoyed and slightly confused.

Just at that moment, the elevator doors open to reveal the teen in question. He doesn't look up from his phone as he enters the common room, completely unaware of the intimidating leader in front of him.

"Hey Mr. Stark. May said she's going to be working late again Sunday so I can just stay until Monday if that's okay..." Peter senses the awkwardness in the air, so he slowly looks up as he slides his phone in his back pocket. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt."

Fury looks at the kid standing in front of him. He's skinny, and he can't be older than 14. His short stature, small frame, and sparkling, innocent brown eyes make the decision obvious.

"No Pete, it's fine. You can stay whenever, you know that."

"Thanks Mr. Stark. Is Ms. Potts gonna be home this weekend?"