Part 6. Tears

The whole family ran to the emergency room. They brought Gauri into the room. Omkara gasped in fear and sank down to sit on the floor. He hands squeezed his hair roughly. He eyes are empty with his heart. He did not know how Gauri struggled there.

Everyone continues to watch and pray for the safety of Gauri and her baby. Omkara just sat down limp. They strengthen and trust each other. Shivay and Rudy will always support it. After half an hour they waited for Gauri. Omkara was frustrated and immediately wanted to come in to see her. But before that the doctor came and came out with the results of Gauri's examination.

"Mr. Omkara. I have warned you so that she rests completely. Her blood pressure has dropped dramatically. This delivery is too risky. His heart rate is very weak. The baby may be ..."

"What are you talking about. You're a doctor. You should save them. YOU HAVE TO SAVE THEM. How dare you."

"I'm really sorry, Sir. We only predict accurately. Her condition is critical. The possibility of surgery is only 25%. We are also in a choice. We must save the mother or the baby. If the operation is successful. One of them will survive.

"Gauriiii ... hiiks .. hyiks .. my poor granddaughter. Why did all this happen to you."

"Mom, calm down ... Gauri will be fine. Om do something."

Om ... save ... baby ... us__

It was a very difficult choice during his lifetime. They dare to offer the safety of Gauri and her baby. Omkara is now in a dilemma. He could not choose between Gauri and his baby. Gauri is his life. While the baby is their life. With a deep and sad voice Omkara regretted it.

"Gauri ..."

Tears welling up could not hold him back. His heart was broken to pieces. His hope vanished to make her happy. And now a big storm has hit him.

"Please sign this letter as a formality of agreement. We will try our best to save her. Stay strong and endure. Always pray for her recovery. We will excuse me."

He hands trembled to write black strokes on the white sheet. Omkara only silently remains lifeless. He has sacrificed his baby for the safety of Gauri. Happiness scrub along with loss. How he would tell Gauri. Gauri asks him to save their baby. His baby. Gauri will be destroyed. She will never forgive him.

*****

Just pray Together they waited and prayed for the smooth operation of Gauri. Omkara knelt, closed his eyes and folded his hands to pray. He solemnly asks for the safe delivery of Gauri and he child.

After an hour they waited for a very strong and loud baby's cry. As if the whole world is happy, they are happy to hear the baby's cry coming from the operating room.

Omkara opened his eyes with a puddle of tears. He remained silent in his position. He only looked to his right, looking out of the corner of his eye at his happy family. His expressionless face continued to pray. But that is not happiness. He hasn't heard from Gauri yet.

"Jhanvi ... she is safe. Lord, thank you. Thank you. We will always be grateful to You. We will give all our wealth for alms to the poor. Jhanvi ... Phinky ... my great-grandchildren have been born."

"Mother ... calm down, everything will be fine. Gauri is struggling to save the baby."

"Hopefully Gauri is fine." Pinky folded his hands grateful.

The operating room door opened and a nurse came with a smile.

"Mr. Omkara Singh Oberoi. Please come with me."

Only Omkara is allowed into the room. The room was dimly lit, there were two bright lights on both sides. There was a green curtain with all silver equipment strewn with bloodstains. And behind the curtain he saw his Gauri lying unconscious with an oxygen tube in her mouth and several pieces of wires stuck in her body. He tears fell so hard watching Gauri on the verge of life and death. Her face looks pale white. Omkara cannot control his emotions. He overflowed with a sad sob and covered his mouth with his hand. He was unable to see Gauri's condition. His heart was broken to pieces. He tried to maintain and care for Gauri properly. But all has no effect now. Gauri's safety means a lot to him. Without Gauri Omkara will not be able to live. He leaned on the wall could not help the patter of regret and deterioration.