Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - I saw death

Hiccup P.O.V

       It seems like fate turns their back on me. Everything seems to fall apart. It had been a month since Astrid return from her incident. She had slept the entire month, not a single movement made. Everyone started to lose hope for her. They even donated flowers as if she was dead already. I can't help but feeling angry at the people, they treated her like the dead. They thought I should let go, but that will never happen. They thought Astrid is gone, away from the real world. Deep inside I know she's alive but at the same time, I had grown hopeless. Her condition is critical, hard to recover.

     I just got back, exhauster. Being chief means everyone's responsibility is in your hands.As the day goes by, my worries kept expanding like an addiction.

     My chest ache, heartbroken. She was right, and I didn't listen. She was telling the truth, and I shut her off. After everything she had done for me makes me feel that I don't deserve any single kindness from her. Her smile haunts me, I worry that I would never saw that smile ever again. Her beautiful skin, her curves, her lips. Everything about her drives me crazy.

     As I walk around a plain field, my eyes caught movements behind a large bush. It wasn't there before. As I got closer to inspect it, I found the all familiar orange haired princess.

     "What brings you here? To justify your actions?" My mind kept reminding that this isn't the old Merida, she had changed. She had show her true colors. "Your woman is nothing compared over what I had lost."

     "Then mind telling me what you had lost?" I answered firmly, she can't be trusted. She needs to be captured.

     "Astrid completely ruin my plans, and it was supposed to be my glorious moment of all time. To prove to my father, to my mother, to my kingdom that I am the rightful and responsible queen for DunBroch."

     "You planned to marry me, to gain my alliance and gather strength to your people. To finally have a king for your title, and to prove that you are worth a diamond to every man's eye."

     Her eyes bulged wide as my words are spoken of. "How did you know this?" she said, referring to what I just said.

     "I learned, I found the pieces that you left for me to find. Merida, I never wanted that future." I exclaimed with honesty, there are no such thing that could the truth beneath her sickening games.

     "You are using me to get what you want, correct?" my gaze locked with hers, her intentions had been revealed.

     "I loved you." she defended, her words cost nothing more than another lie. "You have no rights to blame Astrid over your cruel intention. You are clearly asking for a war." I remember the accords of territories. Her plans are exactly one of an act of treason to her own kingdom. She had betray her father's trust without noticing, and he will know what his daughter had done. I hoped for her to get what she deserved.

     "Do not involve my father about this." she muttered, but my ears had caught her word perfectly. "He will hear, every single detail about it." I threatened, eyes glaring into her thick skull.

     "Your words will never be taken seriously anymore." I reminded, her words are baffled in soft sobs. Her figure's trembling under my touch, I had to restrain her for she is a danger to my people.

     "Hiccup!" someone shouted my name. I heard footsteps of a person gaining closer. I turn my head to find Snotlout. "You caught her." He stated rather than questioning. "Snotlout, bring her to the cell. Her father will hear about this. She's all yours." Snotlout nodded and proceed to drag her to the dungeon where she will meet her cell.