CHAPTER 14 - First Fight

Start from the beginning

"Maybe you said something. Your mouth is not trained for sweet talks, you know. You've been calling her 'kid' and heaven knows what other things you're telling her", he said.

"She is a kid to me."

"I am so amazed at how hopeless you are. You say that, but-..." Bonsai turned to Picaro and stood up. "Dude, spread your legs. I'm Dara and you're Jiro."

Picaro complied silently and spread his legs while Bonsai sat in between his parted thighs. He already has an idea what Bonsai is thinking. When the rest of the gang focused their attention towards them, the craziness commenced.

"Oh, ohhhh, I'm cold", Bonsai exclaimed in a high-pitched girly voice, shifting his head left and right for added dramatic effect. "I'm so cold, Jiro. Jiroooo... Nyam, nyam, nyam, nyam, nyammm."

"Me – manly. Me – protect you", Picaro played along and deepened his voice while speaking like a caveman. He then hugged Bonsai from behind and forcefully rubbed his arms.

"Oh! Ohh!! What are you doing, Jirooo!"

"Me – hug hug. Me – rub rub."

Boisterous laughter erupted in the Black Dragon's turf as the two continued their act. Jiro, on the other hand, was not amused. He turned towards one of their gang mates and pointed at the rope hanging by the wall. "Hand me that rope. I'm going to tie these gaytards together."

"Okay, we're stopping, we're stopping", Bonsai leaped out of Picaro's arms and slumped on the floor again. "But do you see our point?"

"That you're both assholes?"

"That what you're saying is opposite of what you're doing, Jiro. You're confusing Dara", Picaro explained.

"If you continue this bullcrap, Bullet is going to snatch her under your nose", Bonsai added.

"She should be smart enough to know that Bullet is toying with her."

"What if he's not?" Picaro asked.

Jiro frowned at him. "Do you even hear yourself?"

"I also think he's getting serious with your girl, man", Bonsai planted his hands on the floor and reclined back. "I haven't seen him hanging out with the ladies recently."

"Ramirez is not my girl. And I'll be taking care of that guy at the InterSAT bonfire", Jiro said, his words laced with threat. He abruptly stood up and headed towards the door, leaving the two behind.

***

The leaves swayed as the soothing wind blew; the moon casting a beautiful light on the road. The gentle breeze, however, seemed to leave no effect on the distressed Dara. Days have passed and the heavy feeling in her heart is still there. She ended up avoiding Jiro and coming up with excuses not to walk home with him in case Riko is also with him. It has also been days since he dropped by her house and she can only assume that either he has been busy with his part-time job or that he has been seeing Riko. She can only hope that it was the former.