CHAPTER 14 - First Fight

Start from the beginning

"Ex-girlfriend is coming", Namee announced, making her lift her gaze. Riko passed by their table and greeted them casually. She could only nod her head and gave her a small smile, which immediately faded as soon as she turned around. Namee didn't even bother greeting the girl and pretended to be fiddling with her phone. It's fortunate they have Bullet in the table who can act normal and cheerful in a snap of a finger.  

"Do you girls hate her that much?" Bullet whispered.

"Of course not", Dara replied.

 "I don't hate her. I just want her to stop existing", Namee said with disinterest. After she found out what Riko told Dara, she has been wary of the girl. "Anyway, are you planning on going to the InterSAT bonfire?"

"Jiro doesn't want me to."

"You have to come. I need you there", Bullet said in a serious tone. She stared at him curiously but Bullet averted his gaze.

"Why?"

"I need someone to fight for", he replied mysteriously.

***

"It's the Black Dragons!"

"Ice Lord is with them! OMG, he's so cool!"

"Ssshh! Isn't that Ice Lord's girl?"

Dara walked slowly along the hallway, purposely ignoring the students who were gossiping about her and Jiro. Her expression is unreadable and her gaze is focused at nothing in particular. The students gaped at her as she continued walking directly towards the Black Dragon gang.

Jiro's eyebrows furrowed as Dara walked past them without even giving him a glance. He followed her with his gaze but she already turned at the corner. Bonsai and Picaro exchanged glances, the small guy arching his eyebrows while the latter just shrugged his shoulders. As soon as they reached their turf, Jiro received a text message from Dara that she won't be able to walk home with him later since she'll be hanging out with Namee and Bullet.

"Damn it", he cursed and pocketed his phone, shifting his gaze outside the window.

"What's the matter?" Picaro asked as he sat beside him.

"That kid is hanging out with Bullet again", Jiro muttered without glancing at him. Bonsai's ears perked up and he jumped in between the two, sitting on the floor while grinning widely. "What's up? You got girl trouble, Ice leader?"

"Get lost, you monkey", Picaro lightly kicked him but the small guy was not deterred.

"Dara seems to be avoiding you earlier", Bonsai continued.

"Why would she?" Jiro asked lazily, dragging his gaze towards his gang mate.