My life, my mind, my heart

Start from the beginning

It seems we've all reverted back to our ways.

I look at Dom, waiting for him to start, but he has his head in his hands, sobbing silently. Cole's face twitches and Theodore's own eyes well up. My fists ball up and I want to punch Cole's stony face.

"How could you stand there as he cries his heart out?" I yell at them, specifically Cole.

Theodore jumps, but I'm watching Cole's reaction.

"Crying with him won't fix anything. And he won't let me touch him," Cole says, monotonously. "What do you want me to do?"

"Anything! Something! Something to make this better. This hurts, Cole!" I continuously shout. I can't control my volume now. "This hurts and you're standing there like this is an average day for you."

"Please stop yelling," Theodore asks quietly.

And because I have such a soft spot for him, I calm down. I turn around and take a deep breath, closing my eyes tightly.

"Why didn't you come to us?" Dom, having found his voice now, questions. I turn around, wanting to hear them and see their faces.

Theodore twists his hands as he thinks hard. "We- I... I just wanted to hurt her the way she hurt me. I forgot about... about the other people who loved me and who I love. My rational thought went completely the window and I... I'm so sorry. There's no words to describe how sorry I am and there's nothing I can do to fix this. You trusted me and I broke that." he trails off, looking back down.

I look at Cole, waiting for his explanation.

"I slept with Mia because..." he starts off terribly. Just hearing her name makes my heart pound painfully. "She was there. She was there when I was at my lowest. I could've looked for you two, but only Theo and Mia were there. Theo couldn't provide any comfort when he needed it himself, so I selfishly found it with the woman who hurt you so deeply. And for that," his mask slips as his face becomes pained. "I will do everything I can to bring Sienna back to you. I will do anything to make sure you are happy. Both of you," he adds, looking up at me. "Even if that's not with me."

I don't know how to feel. This talk was supposed to make everything better? I already knew why they were sorry. And I don't even know what I want from them.

"Do you still love us?" Dom asks like he's afraid of the answer.

"Of course," Cole answers without hesitation as Theodore says, "Yes."

"Would you be willing to love us as friends?" He adds.

Cole's face falls while Theodore's rises. "Yes," they say together.

"In time, we'll get back to where we were," Dom says with certainty now. He stands and folds his arms, eyes locking with each of us one-by-one. "Come here," he holds out his arms.

Cole moves first, surprisingly, and wraps his arms around Dom. Theodore joins, hugging both of them. Not wanting to miss out on what might be the last time hugging them, I join. Soon, we're all hugging each other silently. No one's crying, because there's no reason to cry. We've progressed, slightly, but it's still progress.

And with this progress, I'm one hundred percent sure we'll get my Pancake back.

*

"What'd you call us here for?" Dom asks grumpily. After our talk with Theo and Cole, Dom and I tried to go to sleep. However we both had trouble doing that and it felt like we had just gotten to sleep when Leader Hill called us.

Leader's Hill smile is entirely too big this late at night. "We can officially confirm that General Ryan has Sienna," he exclaims. It's obvious he wants Sienna just as much as us, maybe even more. But for his own reasons, of course. Reasons that we need to find out sooner or later. 

"So when are we gonna get her?" I question, folding my arms. I want to get Sienna back as soon as possible. 

His smile wavers and he gives a pathetic look of fake remorse. "I'm afraid we can't do that as of yet. She's in a facility of hundreds of Soldiers. Sienna is important to me, but I wouldn't risk all my Soldiers for her. Besides, the likelihood of success is low due to all the unknown barriers."

"And just why is Sienna so important?" Dom hums.

Leader Hill stutters before lying through his teeth, "She's my daughter. "

It's obvious Dom doesn't buy it and I don't either.

"What else do you have to say?" Cole asks, obviously pissed at having to wake up so early. 

"General Ryan has agreed to have a civil dinner with the five of us. She said she'll bring along Sienna," he responds. "And before you ask, we cannot grab her. There will be backup everywhere and we can't fight in a restaurant full of innocent people."

"Since when did you care about innocents?" I mumble mostly to myself. What's the reason of having an army of Soldiers if not to hurt people? And not everyone is bad. So obviously Leader Hill doesn't give a damn about hurting innocents. 

It's silent as we all think. Well actually, as they all think. I'll do anything just to see Sienna, just to make sure that's she okay. I don't know what I'll do when I see her, but at least I'll know she's alive and well. 

"When do we leave?" Dom asks, solidifying that we're going.