Chapter Twenty

Marks POV

I wandered about the hour and I jumped and hit the wall with a soft grunt as I was pinned against it with immense force and as I opened my eyes to see who it was, I saw Dark and I darted my eyes to the side, a little bit scared.

"Miss me? " He asked, chuckling. Though he knew I most likely didn't he liked to pester me regardless. He let up and I backed off the wall and looked at him, expecting to see Wilford as well but my expectations quickly drained.
"So where have you been, you mischievous little rat. " I mumbled, walking into the kitchen and Dark stayed at my tail. "Me and Willy were doing a bit of investigating and it turns out that bastard' anti was the one who gave y/n's friends the chip to put in her, and he has recently escaped. " He explained and I felt my stomach drop. "Wait- how? " I immediately questioned and Dark shrugged. "Try the fact he's a literal demon with inhuman abilities" Dark said sarcastically and I took a deep breath.

"Do you know where she is? " I asked and Dark shook his head. "I don't know where she is, but I know she's okay. " He assured and I smiled. "Well that clears one ordeal. But we have school tomorrow, today is the most time we have to find her until next weekend. " I stated "don't you think I know that, dipshit?" Dark growled and I sighed.

"Whatever, let's just find her. " I muttered.

Your POV

"Listen, Jack, I can't accept, you're unstable, as much as I want to I can't trust myself. " I stated, knowing I could trust myself, but not him. His eyes widened and visibly began to well up and I scurried onto my feet and backed up a slight, and I raised my hands in defense. "I- I gotta go, Jack. I'll see you around" I mumbled and I ran off around the corner, leaving him in his place, frozen and hurt. It hurt me to do that to him but I couldn't bring myself to say yes, and as I rounded another corner I grunted and fell backwards as I hit something and I heard a familiar, deep, alluring voice, able to calm your nerves in the snap of a finger, and I scrambled to my feet.

"Oh thank god Mark. It's just you. " I stated nearly breathlessly, and I hugged him, having him hug me back tightly. "I'm glad to see you're okay" He said, pecking my forehead with a kiss. "Mark, this... Whole... Thing with us. I'm... I'm sorry. I've caused you a lot of stress and anxiety and I don't want to being anymore of that on you, but I don't wanna leave your side. Not now, not ever. " I blurted, thinking aloud and I felt Marks grip on me get tighter.

"Don't say that, love. " He stated. "Sure, it's been confusing lately, and I can admit it, but I refuse to admit that you're a burden to me in any way. I love you with my everything and I'd give my life for you. I don't want you to think you're making my life worse, because believe me... You're presence... No matter the time of day, no matter the mother or year, it makes me happy. " He rambled on, and I started to well up and I smiled. "Same goes for you, Mark. I don't think I would be able to live if I lost you" I mumbled and he picked me up, still hugging me, and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"That's sweet. Can we go home now?" I heard Dark groan and I chuckled and looked at him. "Well well well. If it isn't the living reincarnation of Beetlejuice. " I smiled and he scoffed. "Thanks for reminding me of my 'creepy old guy' like demeanor. " He half smiled and I sighed, smiling. "Yes, we can go home" I mumbled.

-Timeskip-

I walked into the house in front of Mark with him at my heels and I flopped onto the couch, and Mark sat on the loveseat nearby and chuckled. "I'm gonna assume-" "That I miss this place? Yeah. It doesn't take me but ten seconds to wanna come back and see you. " I cut him off and he smiled softly and he got up and started upstairs. "I'm gonna go take a shower, I'll be back soon, you can do whatever. " He shrugged as he walked into his room, shutting the door and I sat up on the couch, feeling a bit awkward, and I jumped as I felt the weight on the couch shift slightly and I saw Dark sitting next to me, throwing one leg over the other.