note:

hyojung is someone who thinks a lot. she overthinks about stuff she doesn't even have to and sometimes she does not even realise what she's doing in the present because her mind is constantly occupied. it will be portrayed a lot throughout this book – but mostly in this chapter.

p/s fav song in the media section :)

Hyojung's plans of studying and getting to know her new friends for that day was ascertained from slim to none, and she regretted the choice to follow him out of the public eyes when he called her out in the hallway. He probably wouldn't dare to force me if we are in front of the other students, she pondered but later quickly crossed out the plan from future use.

She still remembers freshly how he acted in front of his council members, and how can she be certain that he would not squash her like a small insect – even in public.

Joke's on her for being a coward.

She cussed him internally as she followed him, her steps felt heavier and her eyes were staring daggers at his broad back. Oh, if only he wasn't so tall and intimidating –

"Are you done glaring at me?" His deep voice interrupted her, and her heart skipped a beat. She then cursed herself for being so surprised and shaken at the word. He knows, of course, he does, what else would a person like me do except for hating him silently?

They were once again in the hallway that she remembered would lead to his office, and she bit her lips. This time, she would not step in that room with him.

He chuckled, looking over his shoulder. "For someone so small, you're brave. To blatantly cursing me out like that. Do you even understand half the words you said?"

Hyojung's eyebrows met. What did he mean by that? Half of the words that I said?

He stopped on his track and turned on his heels. Once again her brain was too slow to comprehend and she ran onto him, her hands automatically flew up to avoid their chests to collide. That'll be embarrassing. She rested her palms on his chest, feeling the warmth seeping from under his shirt.

Oh...

Her cheeks burned and she stopped breathing for a while. Too close for her own comfort. The hint of a smirk adorned his face making his eyes crinkled at the corner adorably.

She mentally face-palmed herself for having such thoughts. This devil is far from cute.

In the midst of the awkward situation, she felt her foot landed on high ground and she looked down to inspect the situation just to see one of her bright yellow pump on top of his black expensive looking shoe.

She instantly jumped a step away, a squeak escaped her throat and she covered her mouth with her hands. Hyojung you idiot, haven't you learn from past mistakes not to think while you're walking?!