Chapter 53

Frankie's P.O.V.
I had looked for Pippa all over the house, but I can't seem to find her. She didn't ...? I can't even seem to finish that sentence in my head.

I enter the kitchen to find mom and Kevin there. "Have you seen Pippa? I can't find her." I ask them.

Both think for a little before answering.

"No. I haven't seen her since last night after we got back from the hospital and she went into her room." Kevin says.

"She didn't go with Joe to see Nick." Mom recounts her memory.

"Let's go look for her." Kevin says determined to find her.

"We've searched basically everywhere, but she's nowhere to be found." I say sadly.

"You don't think..." I can't seem to finish the sentence again.

"That she ran away again? No. She wouldn't. She learned her lesson. And Nick's going to get better. She wants to be there for him." Kevin reassures me, but I nod unconvinced.

Joe got home from seeing Nick, as we're only allowed a couple of hours at a time. He still needs his rest.

"Hey Joe. Have you seen Pippa today?" Kevin questions him.

Joe stops in his tracks and turns to us. He looks confused. "No? Why?" He asks us.

"Well, we can't find her. No one has seen her since last night." I explain.

"Okay. So what are we going to do?" He shrugs his shoulders, but both Kevin and I can read the worry in his posture.

"Want to drive around for a bit?" And so we do. Nothing. We drive around for a couple of hours. She couldn't have gotten far by foot.

We get back home for lunch and mom has prepared us something. We all sit down at the kitchen table to enjoy our lunch.

Dad joined us as well. Danielle came over as well. Kevin is going home tonight. That is, if we find Pippa. Otherwise he might be too worried, and they'll spend another night at the house with us.

We help mom with the dishes and clean everything up. During lunch, we discussed places she might be. Maybe she is just out for a couple of hours to be alone or to think about some things. Maybe she needs some space. I can't blame her if that is it.

After lunch, we figured we wouldn't drive around again. It seems a little pointless. It's Pippa. If she wants to be found, we would have found her already.

She'll turn up when she's ready. We turn on the tv and watch some random tv show. I can't seem to stop worrying about her.

She's my only sister, of course I worry about her.

Joe finally has enough of me and puts his hand on my knee to stop it from shaking.

"Stop doing that. She'll turn up." I sigh and run my hand through my hair. "Yeah. She'll turn up." I agree.

I start scrolling down my Instagram and look for Pippa's account. Maybe she posted a picture. She didn't. Her last post is from a couple of weeks ago. Not that mine is more recently updated. Can't say the same for the others, they usually post every day.

Their lives are more interesting than ours.

"Take that back." Joe suddenly says. I look up to see him look at me. "You've got to take that back. Your lives are interesting." He repeats.

"I said that out loud?" Embarrassed by my own actions.

"Yeah, you said that out loud." He confirms.

"Oh."

"What's going on with you, Frankie? This is not how we know you." I shrug and look down to the floor. I don't want to look at them and see their faces that obviously show disappointment in me. I'm a failure.

"Nothing is wrong with me." I answer.

"Look up and say that right to my face." I can't, so I keep quiet.

"You've got to talk to us Frankie. I don't want to be mean, but Pippa and Nick didn't and look where that got them." It really is mean, but it worked, because I'm now looking up.

"It's nothing." I don't even believe myself.

"I'm not ungrateful for our family, far from even, but I feel like it's too much. There's too much going on. It's too much for me. I sometimes just don't know anymore how to behave in some situations." It's not disappointment in their eyes. It's pity. I don't want them to pity me. That's the last thing I want.

"Hey Frankie? Whatever happens, we'll get ourselves through okay. We'll help you get through this. It's hard. We all think so, but we've got to stick together. Talk to us if there's anything. Talk to us if there's nothing. Communication is key here. We need to talk in order to move on and help each other. We had no idea you were struggling so much. We would have helped you, but you need to ask for our help. We can't smell it." Joe jokes.

I nod, agreeing with him. "I know. Thanks." He smiles back with a 'no problem' smile.

After a couple of hours, mom is about to start making dinner and it hits me that Pippa has still not returned. "She'll be back." Joe had already noticed my tenseness.

After a couple of minutes, it hits me. "I know where she is." I sit up straight. Why hadn't I thought of that before.

"What? Where?" Kevin sits up as well and even Danielle looks interested. Joe urges me to speak.

"We have searched everywhere, right?" They all nod.

"But has anyone looked in Nick's room?" We all share look and shake our head. "I thought you already checked?" Kevin says. "And I thought you checked." I tell him.

Joe, Kevin and I tumble up from the couches and run upstairs to the sound of mom yelling at us to calm it down.

We run to Nick's room, but I hesitate to open the door. What if she's not here?

"What are you waiting for? Open the damn door!" I do so.

"Oh my god." I let out a big breath and laugh nervously. She's here. Asleep in Nick's bed. I should have thought of checking.

"I'm going to kill you." I yell at her. She's probably asleep and woke from me yelling at her.

"What?"

"I'm going to kill you! Do you know how scared I have been all day for you!" I yell at her entering the room.

"What time is it?" She asks confused.

"Mom is preparing dinner." Kevin says.

"Oh." She says sheepishly.

"I'm sorry." Is what she wants to say, but I cut her off by running up and hugging her tight. I'm not ever letting go.

"I was so scared." I can feel the tears running down my face. I'm such a wimp, but I can't help it.

Thank you for reading!! Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions, please let me know and I'll try to work them into my story!