The Note That Changed My Life

Chapter 1
Artemis' Point of View:

He was always different. He had dark brown hair that he spent more time on than most 16 year old boys. His nose was a lot like mine, small and somewhat pointed. He was skinny and muscular and Mr. Popular. That wasn't what made him seem different though, it was his eyes that set him apart. They were a golden color that seemed completely unnatural, yet it fit him perfectly. Apollo, a name given to a god by the Greeks, also happened to belong to him. In Greek mythology, Apollo was the god of music, prophecy, and he was basically, the sun. In real life, Apollo was my lab partner for 3rd period chemistry, and the only thing he foretold was that mixing a blue liquid with a red one would make purple.

But enough about my stupid lab partner, let's talk about me.

I'm Artemis and I'm just as different as Apollo is, here's the thing though, his difference is celebrated, mine is used to make fun of me. And the ring leader is Apollo's best friend Nick. I have long dark brown hair that reaches the middle of my back. I have a narrow freckled face and pale skin. And weirdest of all is my silver eyes, just as unnatural as his golden ones. In Greek mythology, Artemis was the god of eternal virginity, hunting, and was basically, the moon. In real life, I'm just your average everyday nerd who has only ever killed the occasional spider.

"His eyes are gorgeous." My best and only friend, Zoe said dreamily, "You're so lucky you get to work with him every day."

"Have you forgotten the part where he is a bit of an asshole and is the school's heartbreaker?" I said rolling my eyes. Zoe had a crush on Apollo, but I mean what girl didn't. Oh that's right, me.

"Sorry, Art. I can't help it. He's beautiful." Zoe continued. I shook it off. He might be an idiot and a jerk, but he is attractive and Zoe is never going to think otherwise.

"I'll see you at lunch; I have to go deal with that 'beautiful' egotistical moron." I said, putting beautiful in air quotes.

"Bye." She said as we parted ways. I walked into chemistry and walked over to my seat, ignoring the stares and whispering that always accompanied my entrance.

"Hey moon girl." Apollo said casually as if it was his own little nickname for me. I rolled my eyes and sat down before responding.

"Hey sun boy." I said reciprocating the friendly banter. He smiled and we started working on the assignment the teacher had passed out.

About 10 minutes later, a note was passed across the desk to me. I was confused, the only friend I really had was Zoe and she wasn't in this class. I looked at the front to make sure it had my name on it. I unfolded it and looked inside.

Artemis,
I have some information about you that you might be interested in. I know you're adopted and so am I and I went looking for my birth parents. In the process, I found something out about you. I don't want to tell you in some stupid note so if you don't mind meeting me in the parking lot after school, I'll take you to a little café near my house. No one from school ever goes there. Please, This is important.
Apollo

I looked over at my lab partner and wondered what he could have possibly found. I turned back to the note and wrote my answer.