Chapter 12: Friendly Posse

"So wait you're telling me you're a pop idol?" One of the girls asks. "Can we hear you sing?"

"I prefer not to sing here." Lumen replies.

"I do have a recording though." Jack says as he whips out his phone. "She wanted to try singing an American song and I recommended one that I thought really matched her beat. She loved it and decided to sing along with it. What was the song called... "Everytime We Touch" was it?" And with that he plays the recording for the girls to listen to. Lumen simply closes her eyes and giggles as she sees how amazed the girls look when they hear her singing.

"O-M-G! Your voice! It's almost perfect!" One of the girls says.

"I cannot believe my ears!" Another girl says.

"This is so amazing!" Yet another girl says.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Lumen giggles. "I'm actually not the only singer here. Jack here is just as good of a singer!"

"Really?" The girls ask, looking at Jack. That's when Lumen whips out her phone, one that Jack lent to her, and pulls up a recording of Jack singing.

"What was the song he was singing?" One of the girls asks.

"I think it was called "All of Me", at least that's what I think the song was called." Lumen replies as she lets the recording play. Just like before the girls are entranced by Jack's singing, and even Lumen is starting to become entranced. "Man I forget how good your singing is sometimes!"

"I don't sing all that often." Jack chuckles, and when the song ends, the girls begin talking amongst one another before turning to Jack and Lumen.

"Would you happen to have a recording of you two singing together?" The girls ask simultaneously.

"Funny thing is that's the one thing we haven't done yet." Jack chuckles. "I guess we'll have to do that at some point."

"You're right." Lumen replies, and then the professor calls off the break to continue class. It's then that Ramero enters the classroom and all eyes are on him.

"Yeah that's right. You all know I'm hot stuff." Ramero calls out, and Lumen visibly cringes. "What did I miss?"

"Oh, half the class period." The professor says. "Now are you going to be mature?"

"Sure." Ramero replies as he takes a spot alongside the other guys. The girls keep a close eye on Ramero as Jack and Lumen work on stuff that they missed from last class period. The rest of the class is fairly uneventful and when it finally ends, Jack, Lumen and the other girls are the last to leave as Ramero attempts to follow them. Noticing, Jack and the girls form a protective circle around Lumen, stopping Ramero from trying anything stupid, and he eventually gives up as he meets up with the rest of his cronies and they leave the group alone.

"I think that drove him off." Jack says. "Thank you so much."

"Any time, and just remember, we have your backs!" The girls reply as they take their leave, leaving just Jack and Lumen to head back to their car and head home.

"I think I'm gonna come to like those girls a lot." Lumen says.

"I wouldn't blame you." Jack replies as they head home. Once they reach Jack's house, a giant textbook is dropped on the table along with two notebooks, a folder and writing utensils. "And then here comes the least favorite part, homework."

"Where were we supposed to look again? Was it chapter ten?" Lumen asks.

"I think it was chapter fifteen, I could be wrong." Jack replies. "Let me check our homework it should say what section... Yep, ten." And with that Lumen opens up the big textbook and flips to said chapter.

"Gosh this is long..." Lumen says. "It might take us the rest of the day to go through this."

"Not if you took good notes, those are easier to rely on than trying to read the entire chapter." Jack replies as he pulls out the homework and begins working on it. Lumen joins in, splitting their work in half as they continue to work. Luckily for them it only takes half an hour but they are finished for the day, and their stomachs are rumbling. "How does a giant steak sound?"

"That would definitely hit the spot right about now." Lumen giggles.