Rick Riordan's Quotes

YOU KNOW HIM AS: THE AUTHOR OF PERCY JACKSON SERIES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's not easy. I got lots of rejections when I first started out. If you want to write, you have to believe in yourself and not give up. You have to do your best to practice and get better."

-Rick Riordan

"Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes."

-Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

"You have to work hard to get to the top of your game. I think every writers has doubts! I still do all the time.

-Rick Riordan

"If my life is going to mean anything. I have to live it myself."

-Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

"The real world is where the monsters are."

{A/N: Rick means how long you train inside, you never know if they are ready until something real happens.}

-Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

"Be careful of love. It will twist you're brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong."

-Rick Riordan, The Battle of Labyrinth

"People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a person it can't be fixed."

-Rick Riordan, The Battle of the Labyrinth

"Life is only precious because it ends."

-Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune

"Humans see what they want to see."

-Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

"Go on with what heart tells you, or you will loose all."

-Rick Riordan

"The images you make in your head are always going to be the best images."

-Rick Riordan

"Kids are the audience I know the best."

-Rick Riordan

"When I write, I'm still imagining a kid reading it on paper. I read e- books when I travel, but in general I still prefer holding an old- fashioned book in my hands. There's a special, tactile experience.

-Rick Riordan

"I think kids have a greater capacity for processing things than we give them credit for."

-Rick Riordan

"I think children love reading, and they will make time for it if we put the right books into their hands. And I hope I get the chance to keep being one of the people that writes them.

-Rick Riordan

"My problem is never ideas. Iv'e got more than I'll ever have time to write. It's all about how many I can get to, and which ones reader want to see more."

Rick Riordan

"I wrote ten years before I even started the 'Percy Jackson' series.

-Rick Riordan

"The Mest is such a powerful place for me because it's a natural connection between ancient world and the modern world. And whe you're dealing with ancient mythology, try to put a modern spin on it, you really can't do much better than to call the Met."

{A/N: Met- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City}

-Rick Riordan

"Hercules, huh? Percy frowned. "That guys was like Starbucks of Ancient Greece. Everywhere you turn, there he is."

-Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena

"She'd also called me brave... unless she was talking to the catfish."

-Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

"It seems like just yesterday my son was hiding under the table to avoid reading. Now, he's writhing longer than mine!

-Rick Riordan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMING SOON: In a different chapter, I will try to write the quotes of Percy Jackson and The Olympians! P.S. Have a positive day PJO/ HoO fans! Love yah guys! Peace out yo xoxo💋
-Ainsley 💜