Sirens Part 19

(Arden)

She was gorgeous.  Her hair was black but it faded into a teal blue the farther down it went.  her eyes matched with the teal and her lips were a deep purple, her eyes were outlines with bold black.   I could nothing but stare.  

"Well?" she coyly smiled at him her matching teal tail swished beneath the water.

I shook my head, "Well what?"

"Are you my jolly sailor bold?" she smiled and her skin stretched to tight across her face as her eyes turned a soulless black.  I scrambled back in fear, bumping into Ivory who pulled me to my feet.  "What's wrong, handsome?"

"I don't like you," I stammered bluntly, and she reared back, her black eyes glinting in the moonlight.

"Don't be foolish," she began.

"Don't waste you time girl," an older siren with a golden crown on top of her silver hair parted the sea of girls' heads as she swam forward elegantly.  

"But your Majesty," she started.

"The boy's heart is taken by another's.  Are you so blind you cannot see that?" she smiled sternly, then turned her pale eyes to Leo.  "Leonardo, darling, where have you been lately?"

Ivory's head turned lightly my way as I looked at the ground.  She stared for a moment, then her jaw twitched as she faced the Queen of Sirens.

"Serena, love, you're late," Leo finally purred, golden eyes narrowed on her.

"There has been trouble brewing," she waved her hand and the water parted to reveal a path, which Leo trotted down.  Ivory mumbled under her breathe, probably cursing the cat, but we both followed closely.   The wet seaweed mushed under our feet, and when I looked to the side, hundreds of pairs of black eyes followed me, hunger in their soulless eyes.  A chill went down my spine as Ivory gripped my elbow.  When I glanced down at her, she was glaring at the sirens, who hissed at her, bubbles floating to the surface.  

"All realms have been touched by Remmi's and Forever's battle,"  Serena swam underwater next to us, her voice slightly muffled by the water.  "But this new king has upset all.  I was finishing a meeting with the Troll's king, who informed me that the Remmi and Forever have formed an alliance against the red and black clothed soldiers of the new king."

"Wait, we aren't at war with the Remmi anymore?" Ivory released my elbow at we entered an underwater cave which was covered in moss.  Serena disappeared behind a curtain, and walked back out with legs under a white gown, which matched her silver hair and pale eyes.

"Not as of this morning," Serena sat in a white chair made of shells.  

Ivory suddenly looked as if she was going to get sick.  

"Don't worry, he figured you hadn't known," Serena smiled at her.   An image skipped, and there appeared Axe, standing tall beside Serena's chair.  He looked unharmed, just a small blood stain on his white coat, his purple hair and eyes stood out amiss the white decor.  "He was following you to make sure you got to Forever safely."

"So, you were like a bodyguard to a bodyguard," I understood this now.

"That's one way to say it," Serena waved her hand and a passage appeared.  "Let's get you to Forever."  With that, Ivory pulled her face cover on, and her hood over her head.  She gripped my hand and we walked through with Axe and Leo behind us.  Light blinded me as soon as we stepped into Ivory's kingdom.