That Sounds Easy Part 14

(Arden)

Once Ivory was gone, I doubled over in pain, my hand stanching the blood flow from my ribs.  I took a deep breath, trying to grasp at my frantic thoughts.  I  had to get my shirt off.  I began to pull at the hem, slowly pulling it over my shoulders.  My side was covered in red blood the ran down to my hip as I looked at it.  I instantly looked away, gagging. 

"Do not throw up," I gagged again, my wrist over my mouth.  "Everything is fine.  Don't toss your cookies," I ordered myself as I pressed my shirt to the wound.  

Suddenly, the door busted open and Ivory ran in, daggers up.  I jumped to my feet as she looked around her grey eyes going to my face to my side.  She sheathed her daggers and ran to me as I collapsed on the bed.  My breath was short, and I could feel my heartbeat in my forehead.  

"Arden, hold on.  You're going to be fine," she pressed my shirt harder into my side and I groaned.  "I know it hurts, but it needs more pressure.  Freya, will you send for a healer?"

The click of her heels told me she was already on her way.  

"You have lost a lot of blood.  When did this happen?" Ivory asked, her grey eyes above me.

"Back at the house," I mumbled, eyes closed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" her eyes were hurt.

"Because we were kinda busy," I smiled slightly.

"This is kinda important," she rolled her eyes.  

My eyes closed and my breathing deepened as I started to drift off, but not before I heard the following conversation.

"Well, he's dead.  Humans are such delicate creatures.  Weak things," Leo, the cat, sounded unaffected.

"He's not dead, furball," Ivory snapped at him.  "Humans may have weak bodies, but they have strong souls.  He will live."

"Seeker, if I didn't know better, I would say you are attached to the human boy," Leo sounded smug.  

"Cat, if you don't leave this room in the next five seconds," Ivory threatened. 

"Fine, fine, no need to be violent," Leo's voice faded until everything went silent.  

When I awoke, sun was flooding through the room.  I blinked and focused on the chair next to my bed.  Ivory was asleep with her head of wavy blonde/brown sitting in the palm of her pale hand.  Her fingers were long, and her hair cascaded over her arm, getting it out of her face.  Her lips were free of red lipstick, showing a light pink underneath.  She was relaxed and peaceful without the pressure of saving her kingdom.  I shifted, and she stirred, yawning.  Her eyes found mine and she leaned over, smiling.

"I knew you would be okay," she grinned her head on her forearms.  

I laughed and looked at my side, exclaiming, "What?"

"A healer came and fixed you last night," Ivory filled me in.

"That's good," I pushed myself up, rubbing a hand down my face.  "What now?"

"Now?  Now we come up with a plan to safely get into Forever, without getting caught by the Remmi and new king, convince them of my innocence and for you to save my kingdom," she spoke evenly, eyes downcast.

"That sounds easy," I smiled as she looked up at me in surprise, then appreciation.

"Then let's do it," she grinned deviously as she grabbed her now clean uniform and headed to the bathroom in the suite next to ours.  I swung my feet over, and dressed, waiting for her to come back.