Meeting the King Part 4

(Ivory)

I felt like I had just fallen into bed when my chief barged in.  I jerked awake, my dagger pointed at him.  

"Get up, Bend," Cash ordered.  "We have a meeting with the king."

I groaned, and sheathed my dagger back under my pillow.  He strode out, and pounded on the  boys' room across from mine.  There are advantages of being the only girl like getting your own room.  I swung my feet over and began dressing.  Looking in the mirror, after I pulled on a sports bra, I fingered my collar bone, turning slightly to look at my right shoulder.  I have had this mark since I was little.  I have always kept it covered.  No ting-tops for me, T-shirts only.  I know the other boys don't have it because they always walk around without a shirt on.  I have never seen a fairy with any mark like mine.  It swirled around my collar bone in a faded navy blue color, and over the side of my shoulder down onto my shoulder blade where it flared into a flower-looking design.  I shrugged and went to my closet to get my uniform out.  The colors of Forever were black and gold, and that was our official business-type suits.  I pulled black leather leggings with a shirt that went down to about mid-thigh.  It had no sleeves with straps that crossed over my chest and had a hood with a mouth cover.  My boots were tall with the tops coming up to my knees and were covered in gold.  I also had wrappings for my forearms.  I put my belt on which held my two sheathes for my twin set of daggers.  One on my right hip and one on my left hip.  I pulled my long, wavy blonde hair into a low pony tail and put on my signature makeup.  Black eyeliner around my light grey eyes, and red lipstick.  I quickly walked out of my room, and joined the other three Seekers outside of my door.  Triton and Cullen led the way while Caspian and I followed.  They all had on the boys' version of what I was dressed in.  

"What is all of this about?" I whispered to Caspian.

"I don't know, but it must be important," he leaned down closer to my ear.

"Maybe they found someone," I wandered out-loud.

"Well, it took them long enough," he murmured.  We fell silent as we enter the throne room where King Magnum presided on his chair at the end of the huge room with Cash beside him.  As we drew closer, I could feel the power swirling around him with the scent of fresh grass in the air.  We all went to one knee before him, our heads bowed.  What a commanding magnificent sight.

"You may rise," he commanded as he stood.  We stood at attention, and he slowly walked around us.  "So, these are the last Seekers."

"Yes, sir," I spoke for us.  

"You are young, yet so bright and strong.  I can see it in your aura," King Magnum stared into my light grey eyes.  I glanced at Cash, hesitant.  I had heard he could see everyone's aura, but I didn't know if it was true since it is a rare and draining power.   "It has to be you.  You have to retrieve Arden Young."  He turned and dismissed the other three boys who bowed.  Caspian looked at me with sorrow.  I just nodded at him, my emotions hidden.  

"Are you ready for such a big mission?" King Magnum asked from his throne.  

I raised my chin, posture even straighter with confidence, and I replied, "I'm ready.  I was born for this."

"Cash will give you the details, and remember, they are to never know...your true form," King Magnum dismissed me.  I bowed and followed Cash out of the room.