The Between Part 11

(Arden)

"Where are we?" I looked around, placing a hand over my side which caused the pain to draw my attention to it.

"It's called the Between.  It's where all of the banished and exiled Fae go for refuge," Ivory looked at the bland land.  "It's not in Fairy, but not in the human world either.  When we walk through this market, don't talk to anyone just follow my lead," she began walking towards the market, which bustled with creatures of all kinds.  

Ogres and redcaps I recognized from our past encounters, but I didn't know what everything else was.  Some had green skin, or horns growing out of their heads.  Some had blue or green hair, and lots had wings. Sellers bargained with buyers, but Ivory glared at anyone who came close to us.  She found my hand, and tugged me faster through the market.  We exited to a Victorian style house sitting on top of a hill, overlooking the busy market and brown valley.    

"I take it we are going in there?" she answered my question by pulling me up the hill of brown grass.

Before we were close to the doormen, Ivory began, "Do not talk to her unless she asks you are question directly, understand?"

"Yes," I glanced down at her.

"We are here to see Freya," she told the doorman, who had a ting of blue to his skin.  Seconds later, he opened the door.  As we walked by, I could see an earpiece which was where he was getting his orders.  A butler, who had large horns growing out of his skull, led us to a large dining room.  It had plush red carpet, red furniture, and a large oak table with a gold ceiling.  A diamond chandelier hung from the golden ceiling.   

"I thought fairies couldn't touch metal," I whispered into her ear, which was adorned with a ear cuff that wrapped around her the whole outside edge with the shape of a flower.

"Most can't, I can," she then shushed me as a beautiful woman entered with a man at her side.  

She was gorgeous with flowing, curly red hair and light silver eyes

She was gorgeous with flowing, curly red hair and light silver eyes.  Her skin was pale yet it sparkled when the light hit her face just right.  Her lips were blood red like Ivory's always were.  Her fingers, wrists, and arms were adorned with gold and silver jewelry. 

"And here I thought Ziro was yanking my chain," she gestured to the red-headed freckled-faced man to her right.  "I've heard a lot of rumors floating about."

"That's why we are here," Ivory stared at her unblinking as a black feline with golden eyes stared at us.  "What kind of rumors have you heard?" 

"Seeker, have you forgotten how I work?" Freya laughed as she poured herself a drink which I am sure is not water.  "Everything comes with a price in the Between, Remmi, and even Forever.  So, how bad do you want to know something?"

"Very bad," the feline talked as he jumped down, and I almost shouted in surprise, but Ivory gripped my elbow tightly, cutting off my yell as I grimaced at the pain in my side.

"Of course, you are here, Leonardo," Ivory rolled her light grey eyes in his direction.

"Seeker, I go where I am appreciated," he sat and licked his paw at Freya's feet.  

"Yeah, because this is the only place where your shenanigans are tolerated," she snickered, her grey eyes smug.

"If you didn't work for your kingdom, you would have been banished a long time ago, Destine One," the cat snarled, his tail swinging as he sat on the window ledge.

"Would you stop calling me that, cat?" Ivory bristled at the name.

"Don't call me cat," he said the word with venom.  

"I just have one question," Ivory ignored the cat.  "Who's the new king?"

Freya's face crossed with a myriad of emotions before going blank.  "I'm afraid that is a long rumor.  Let's sit."

At this, the man at her side, Ziro, spoke, "My queen, I think that is a very dangerous move.  Everyone knows, where Ivory Bend is, trouble follows."

"Silence," she ordered him, leading us into a sitting room.  

"It appears you haven't heard," Freya evenly spoke as Ivory and I sat next to each other on a love-seat.

"Yeah, why do you think I came here?  For the charming Ziro and Leonardo company?" she sarcastically replied.

"No," Freya grinned thinly.  "That you are a traitor to Forever."

"Wait, WHAT?!" she screeched shrilly, her blonde hair falling over her shoulders.

"This is not good,"  I pondered as the room erupted into chaos.