Businessman

Farkle

'Farkle, where are all the files from the Karla Group presentation?' My dad questions.

'Well, I remember I had them in my briefcase with me during dinner yesterday and-' Suddenly it struck me.

'- I'll be right back' I said as I ran down the flights of stairs. Fourteen floors. I really should have thought this through, and maybe not overestimated my stamina.

I get into a limo and ask my driver to drive me down at Selena's address. Then, I run into the house without giving it a second thought and make my way to the dining hall. My briefcase is sitting on the table in the exact spot I left it at. Then I hear Selena calling from her room.

'Farkle, is that you?'

'Yes babe, I just came to pick up my briefcase. You know that one I left here yesterday?' I tried to be nonchalant about it.

She walked out of the room with little Pete and wore a 'you're so irresponsible' look. After spending a year and a half with Selena, I can identify every look of hers. Her 'Are you out of your mind' look, her 'I love Pete, but he's a total pain in the ass' look and her numerous other oddly specific ones.

'Hey Farkle' Pete smiled. Pete is the most adorable kid in the whole word. He's only four but already knows three languages, can read books (little kid ones, but you get the point) and play a few lullabies on his piano.

'Hey bud' I say as he runs into my arms.

'Farkle, when are you going to start getting organized, We're going to be married soon, you're going to be a dad! I cannot be the only responsible adult in between the three of us' Selena scolded.

'I'm sorry, I promise this is the last time' I say as I start walking towards the door. Anything to avoid the 'Why are you so irresponsible?' lecture. I get it at least once a day individually from her, dad and mom.

'Farkle's amazing! Don't scold him' Pete said making puppy dog eyes at his mother.

'Pete, I'm not scolding him. Farkle we'll talk later. Go get those files to your dad' she starts massaging her temple.

'You know I love you' I smile at her.

'And I love you, too!' Pete replies excitedly.

Both of us look at each other and have a hearty laugh before I hear my notification sound ring. I type in the password and an email pops up on the screen.

REUNION!

All the students of Abigail Adam's High School that passed out in the session 2019-20, are cordially invited to catch this short ride down memory lane to celebrate our ten year reunion. It's a four day long cruise to Hawaii where you can catch up with all your old batchmates from the Twenty-eighth of December until the First of January. We hope you can make it :)

The trip itinerary and payment details are attached in the document below.

Your favorite teacher,

~Cory Matthews