Five week to go!

Zay

I slowly bring myself to open my eyes, and the bright light starts to pierce through my corneas. Three years ago, if you would've told me that I'd be living on the forty-first floor of an exquisite building in New York, with a celebrity as a roommate, with a view so breathless, I would have laughed in your face. How I got here, is very interesting.

After high school, I had joined a Culinary course in a college in California. I wasn't even sure if it was what I wanted to do, but figured I had to go to college. At first, it was painfully boring and I hated it but then in our third semester, Vanessa enrolled. Vanessa and I dated in middle school back when I used to stay in Texas but after I moved away, she broke up with me. 

So when we met, we immediately hit it off. We reminisced the times and memories we shared while growing up and within a couple of months we were already dating again. We were together until last year.

You know how people say there are no coincidences in this world, just things you are destined to experience? One of those was when I saw Maya fresh out of Culinary school after nearly four. As a surprise for my twenty-second birthday Vanessa got me tickets to a local concert playing nearby. We didn't really know the band that was playing, but had heard about them being a big deal. So we get there, with around three hundred more people sitting in the audience when the lead singer of the band comes up onto the stage. After a huge round of applause he announces that apparently the drummer and guitarist were diagnosed with chicken pox two hours ago and that's why they had found a last minute replacement instead. Vanessa was very disappointed and even suggested leaving, but I told her that since she had already planned a special evening, we should just wait and enjoy the show. A couple of minutes later, I see a familiar face walk onto stage nervously talking to herself. 

She was wearing a black designer outfit and wore a butt load of makeup. It took me a good minute to recognize Maya, especially looking so dolled up. After reassuring herself, Maya started strumming various chords on her guitar and singing a familiar tune. It was a cover of one of my favorite songs, 'Hello' by Adelle. 

The rest is history.

Five weeks to go, if we actually end up going...