Therapist

Smackle

'How many appointments do I have remaining?' I asked trying to shake off the disturbing session I just had.

'Two' Jim smiled and starting typing something into his laptop.

'That's great' I said replied, feeling exhausted.

I walked into a room which I called the 'safe room' and sat on my chair awaiting the next patient. Then, I picked up my writing pad and pen and started tapping my foot softly. I heard a creak as the door opened, and a tall gentleman about six feet two, walked in with his silky brown hair combed neatly behind. He wore a black t-shirt, and brown ripped jeans' below. As if to top it off perfectly, he wore a gold rimmed Ray-ban over his nose.

'Hey' he greeted as he walked in. I just stared at the man in awe for five seconds before shaking my head back to reality.

'Hey back at you' I said as nonchalantly as possible. Something about him seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite put a finger on it.

'You're Isadora Smackle? You're a therapist now, who would've predicted? The one who struggled with emotions would end up mastering a profession in it'

'Um-' I started thinking long and hard but still couldn't pin a name to this face.

'Its me, Yogi! From Abigail Adams' he confessed.

No way.
Yogi? He used to be so tiny and did I mention, SO TINY! I didn't know him very well personally but before he left in our junior year, he was good friends with my best friends.

'Yogi!' I said as I pulled him into a hug.

'Looks like you're getting good at these, huh?' He smiled.

'I was reading the newspaper the other day when I saw your ad, and with such a unique name I figured it had to be you'

'Yeah well it is a pretty terrible name' I laughed.

'So have you read the reunion email yet?'

'Reunion?' That would just be the most amazing thing ever. I miss everyone so much, but no matter how hard we tried most of us ended up losing touch with each other. Farkle and I broke up right after High school, and tried to maintain contact but it didn't really pan out due to our busy schedules. Though we still do make it a point to wish each other on birthdays. Maya is a big pop star now, and recently released a new album. I'm not really sure about Lucas and Riley, but I remember Zay had taken up Culinary in college. I have grown my friend circle since but I can never forget the impact these five have had in my life. They helped me in becoming who I am today.

'Yeah, I got it just this morning, you should check your email'

I ran towards my laptop and pulled it open.

REUNION!

All the students of Abigail Adam's High School that passed out in the session 2019-20, are cordially invited to catch this short ride down memory lane to celebrate our ten year reunion. It's a four day long cruise to Hawaii where you can catch up with all your old batchmates from the Twenty-eighth of December until the First of January. We hope you can make it :)

The trip itinerary and payment details are attached in the document below.

Your favorite teacher,

~Cory Matthews