Veterinarian

Lucas

I ran down the flight of stairs desperately holding on to my cap that kept threatening to fall off. After a few blocks down the road I walked into my clinic, to see there were already three patients waiting in que. My assistant Hank looked at me in disapproval as he whispered,

'Sir this is the fourth consecutive day you're late'

'I'm so sorry I got-'

'Caught up? Again?' He asked raising an eyebrow.

I waited for the first patient, Lucy. She came in wagging her tail, wearing a pink collar around her neck. She then jumped onto the bed and habitually laid down, granted her owner brought her in at least once a week.

'So what's it today Clay?'

'Well doc, Lucy hasn't been eating anything I make for her!'

I smiled. Clay is the most overprotective dog owner I have ever encountered, which I found adorable. That poodle is his whole life. I pull out my stethoscope and examine her while asking Clay basic procedural questions.

'Well I'll write you down a couple of tablets, and a syrup you can mix in her water'

'You're the best man!' He hugged me. I won't lie, Clay is a hugger, an obsessive hugger.

Before they left I gave Lucy a treat, which made her do a little dance number. I finished off with the next two patients quickly and sat beside Hank.

He still seemed displeased by my unprofessional behavior. One thing about Hank is that when it comes to work, he is strict a no-nonsense kind of guy.

'You just got an email' Hank said sternly. Hank handled my emails since I usually never got any time to revert back. Being a veterinarian, although has always been my dream job can sometimes prove to be hectic. I'm the only veterinarian in this part of town which doesn't leave me with much wiggle room. He showed it to me,

REUNION!

All the students of Abigail Adam's High School that passed out in the session 2019-20, are cordially invited to catch this short ride down memory lane to celebrate our ten year reunion. It's a four day long cruise to Hawaii where you can catch up with all your old batchmates from the Twenty-eighth of December until the First of January. We hope you can make it :)

The trip itinerary and payment details are attached in the document below.

Your favorite teacher,

~Cory Matthews