[I] ▪ yeosang | shy boy

In honor of ATEEZ's comeback, I decided to update :)

Your first impression of him was cold. He gave off this aura. His facial expressions gave off a vibe that made you intimidated.

But he intrigued you. You found him to be attractive. There was something appealing about him.

You're a shy person, so you never attempted to approach him. Or even sit next to him in class.

People are creatures of habit, so once they pick their seat in a class on the first day, that's their seat. It's not assigned, but it's just how society rolls. The seat you pick the first day is your seat for the rest of the semester.

The good thing though is that he sits across from you. The classroom is setup where the tables are in horseshoe shape. And so you're able to nonchalantly stare at him as much as you like.

He's very shy as well. Or so it seems. He doesn't speak in class either.

Over time you've observed how quiet he is and that made his icy appearance lessen. You now think that perhaps he's a nice person after all.

-

After a couple of weeks into the semester, your professor assigns a project. They put you into pairs, and guess what - you're paired with Yeosang. The mysterious guy you've been eyeing.

You're delighted that you have been paired with him. It really was the luck of the draw.

Your professor has you meet your partner to discuss the project and to get started.

The two of you shyly walk over to each other and give each other brief smiles.

There's a pause before you ask, "Do you have any ideas for the project?"

"Uh, not yet," he murmurs.

His voice is deeper than you thought it would be.

You spend the rest of class time researching and figuring out ideas, but in silence. While other groups were talking, the two of you sat in silence.

At the end of the period, you asked to exchange numbers so you could work on the project outside of class.

You feel a blush creep up onto your cheeks. You hope that Yeosang doesn't notice.

Yeosang is too preoccupied by not making a fool out of himself either to notice anything out of the ordinary.

You don't spend much time thinking about the project not working on it because you procrastinate. You know you'll eventually get it done.

Plus, you're too shy to talk to Yeosang about it.

-

Yeosang feels the same way; he'll get the project done and he feels too shy to talk to you.

He has been interested in you for awhile now as well. He's noticed how quiet you are in class, but you seem to be kind.

You have this aura that is sweet. He's seen you interact with your friend in the class. He's seen you smile at what they have to say. And he wishes he could make you smile and laugh the way your friend does.

His quiet demeanor makes him observant, so that's how he's noticed small details about you.

-

During another class period, your professor allows you to work on the project.

"Do you have any ideas?" You pipe up.

"Yes, I did find some topics I'm interested in."

You and Yeosang start talking about potential ideas, where you agree on a shared topic that you both find to be intriguing.

The two of you spend a lot of time in silence again, as you both are shy people. Of course two shy people were paired up. But both of you want to know more about the other. However, neither of you have the courage to speak up.

The only time either of you speak is to bounce ideas off of each other.

You find it easier to work alone and not with outside sources being so loud. You don't get much done, but there is some progress.

At the end of the class, you and Yeosang agree to continue working on your respective parts.

"I'll make sure to have my part done by the due date," Yeosang says.

"I will too."

-

When you finish your part, you let Yeosang know that you finished.

You: hi, I finished my part. Do you want to meet up whenever you're done to go over it before it's due?

Yeosang: yeah sure...I'm almost done so I'll let you know when I finish

You smile at his message. Your heart swells in excitement as well.

-

When Yeosang finishes his part, he messages you and the two of you set up a time to meet up.

When you do meet, it isn't for long. You check over each other's parts, and you think it's okay.

Since it's late at night, Yeosang offers to walk you back to your dorm since he has to head in the same direction as well.

Your cheeks heat up and agree.

You walk in silence for a bit, heart pounding. You want to speak to him because it's your chance to do so.

You break the ice and start a conversation.

"So, what are you studying?"

"Engineering. I'm really into drones. I'm quite facisnated by them, so I thought engineering would be a good pathway to go down. What about you?"

"Anthropology. I'm intrigued by different cultures."

You spend the rest of the walk talking, and when you get to your dorm, you're sad that your time with him is over.

You're standing under a lamp post, so Yeosang's face is illuminated.

"Thank you for walking me back. It was nice talking to you. I hope we can talk again," you say.

"Me too. I'll see you around," Yeosang gives you a smile.

You return his smile. You feel hopeful for the future and what it holds for you and Yeosang.

--------

yeosang best boy ♡ I love my bias

I miss you all~ junior year (my 3rd year) of college has been busy. I'm applying to study abroad in Korea. And I fell in love with SVT recently. ALSO - SuperM my dudes