[I] ▪ seonghwa | twilight

Requested by Mimi-chino

[A/N: strong language]

-Seonghwa's POV-

One of my biggest struggles in life is being in love with my best friend. My dilemma, you see, is that I can't date her because I'm half wolf, half human.

And since I'm a hybrid, I can't date full blood humans. It hurts knowing that I can't date the girl I am in love with.

And through this all, the catch is that she doesn't even know my true identity. All she knows is that my father is gone all of the time, but is also there for me in ways unimaginable by humans.

I want to be with her because she is the kindest and most beautiful person I have ever met.

We became friends in high school when she stood up for me when I was picked on. I was being bullied by someone who knows my identity, and she saw what was happening to me.

"Hey! Stop picking on him!"

"Are you standing up for this bitch because you have a crush on him?! No one likes him."

"Don't bother him! He did nothing to you!"

"That's what you think prick. Fuck off before I do anything to you too."

The bully leaves, leaving me and [Y/N].

"Hey, I'm sorry that happened to you. You didn't deserve that," she softly says.

"I'm used to it," I mumble.

"You don't deserve to be used to bullying. You seem like such a sweet guy," she blushes.

I blush too.

I knew of [Y/N] because she's been in my classes. I've had a small crush on her before, but now my crush on her has blossomed because of this moment.

We became very close very fast after that. I'm thankful for [Y/N], but I've always been afraid of telling her my true identity in fear that she would leave me.

I can't keep this secret from her any longer, so I decide to have her come over at dusk to show her who I am.

She'll be over in an hour, and for that hour, I pace around the house, anxiety levels rising.

When I hear the doorbell ring, I rush downstairs and greet her.

I suggest a walk, as I can't sit still. She agrees, and we walk in silence for a few moments.

"[Y/N], there are a few things I've been meaning to tell you. Please hear me out."

I pause and gulp.

"First, there's something that is part of my identity that I have been hiding from you for years. I-I'm part  werewolf. And that time you stood up for me...I was being bullied for being part werewolf. I was bullied by someone who is full werewolf. My mom is human, and my father is a werewolf. That's why he's gone all of the time - defending his homeland. They fell in love, just like me with you. That's the second thing. I'm in love with you, [Y/N]. I've had a crush on you all these years. I knew who you were before you stood up for me."

I pause, allowing for that to sink in with [Y/N].

She doesn't respond for a moment, in which I assume she's processing this all. I don't mind. But I want to know her reaction.

"Seonghwa. I love you too. I've always had a crush on you. I didn't think you saw me that way, until now. I'm glad I got to see who you truly are, and not as a werewolf. I got to see your true self. So do you think it's possible for us to date?"

I sigh in relief, knowing she doesn't hate me from hiding who I am.

"It's not possible unless I turn you into part wolf as well."

"Then how did your parents get together?"

"My father had to turn her into a wolf as well."

She doesn't speak.

"Do it. Turn me into a werewolf."

"What?!"

"I give you my consent. I want to be with you, Seonghwa."

I just stare at her in disbelief.

And that night, we went though the process of turning her into a werewolf, where we spent the rest of time together.

--------

I'm sorry if this isn' that good :/ I had some slight writer's block while writing this.

fun fact; in middle school, I had a thing for the Twilight saga. That was the first series/fandom I remember that I was so fascinated/entranced by. I was Team Jacob when I was younger, but now that I'm older, I think I'm Team Edward.

Also, Seonghwa is really out there ruining my bias list :p

Seonghwa is my ideal type (along with Taeyong of NCT) but idk how isn't my bias 😂 but with KCON Japan, it may have changed 👀

Do I make a book in relation to NCT? idk man - should I make an imagines book or a fanfic?

Also, I'm seeing ATEEZ at KCON NY :D