[I] ▪ hongjoong | boss pt.3

"What are you doing?"

Hongjoong jumps in his seat slightly, startled by your presence.

"Oh, I'm just doing some reforming. It's something I picked up recently. You helped me realize that there's more to music."

You had walked into Hongjoong's office after work, only to find him doing a project that wasn't related to music. You were surprised, caught off guard.

Hongjoong is a creative person, as he showcases his creativity through music. It amazes you that his creative mind has wandered to a different sort of creativity.

You envy him a little, as he is musically talented and artistically talented. You wish you had an once of his talent.

You stand there, observing his work. You then think about his choice of words.

"You helped me realize that there's more to music."

It warms your heart to think that Hongjoong spoke so highly of you.

Hongjoong looks up with a smile on his face, and you can't help but melt under his sweet face.

"Wanna join and help me out?"

"How?"

You look at the bottles of paint and paintbrushes scattered across his desk. It's like a Skittles bag puked on his desk.

Your though makes you giggle a little.

"Why are you laughing? Does it look bad?"

Hongjoong holds up 2 phone cases.

"No, it's just, it looks like a Skittles bag barfed on your desk. It's a beautiful array of a rainbow."

You sit in the chair across from him and admire his work.

"I think they look beautiful."

"I made one for me, and one for you."

You look at the case, seeing that he chose your favorite colors. He splattered the colors all over, and drew a heart with you and Hongjoong's initials.

"I love it," you murmur. "Thank you."

"I see you in everything. Music. Art. Every part of my daily life. I think I'm in love with you. I love you, [Y/N]. Evee since we started working closely together, I've realized how much you've impacted my life."

You pause, as this is the first time either of you have uttered the words "I love you" to the other.

You smile and think how you feel towards him.

Over the past few months, your relationship with Hongjoong has blossomed into a beautiful one. You are constantly overjoyed by your time with him.

You don't want this honeymoon phase to end, and it hasn't. You working with him probably has strengthened your relationship if anything.

The two of you started off as work partners, allowing for you to see how the other works.

In the process, the two of you fell head over heels for the other, not wanting to be apart from the other.

You have kept your relationship on the down low for the most part. Hongjoong expressed to your co-workers that the two of you started a relationship to keep transparency within the company. He didn't want any rumors to spread, mainly to protect you.

Some people were angry, thinking you did something, or Hongjoong set the two of you up, but for the most part, people have been supportive.

San, one of your closest friend in the company told you one day, "I saw this coming. It's like the movies. I shipped the two of you since the day you started working with him. I'm so happy for you!"

"I'm going to have to help you find a special someone now. I've seen some people giving you looks, good looks, so maybe I'll have to set you up with someone."

The two of you laughed over that. You hope to set him up with someone soon.

You come back to reality.

"I love you too, Hongjoong. You've made me so incredibly happy. Everything we do is fun, and I want to continue doing things with you."

Never in a million years did you imagine yourself falling in love with your boss.

But it happened.

As Hongjoong finishes his project, you order some food, chicken to be exact. You pick it up, paying for it this time.

When you bring it into Hongjoong's office, he's surprised.

"Oh, you got it? I could have gotten it."

"Don't worry about it. I think it's about time I paid for it. You've done so much for me already. I wanted to make up for it all."

"Your love and support is all I could ever need."

"You're the sweetest."

Your heart flutters, happy about his nice words.

After a comfortable silence falls over you as you eat, a thought comes to mind.

"Life has come full circle. I remember one of the first nights we worked together we ate chicken here in here, and it was kind of awkward," you laugh at the memory.

"I remember that," Hongjoong smiles. "I felt the same way, awkward. I didn't know how I felt about you. I think that night was the beginning of me realizing how much I liked you, perhaps wanting to be with you. And I'm glad we're together now."

"Me too."

After eating, you help Hongjoong clean up. The two of you walk hand in hand to his car, where he takes you back to your apartment.

Before you get out, Hongjoong takes your hand and you look at him.

He nervously clears his throat before asking, "Um, I've been thinking. Do you want to move in together? I'm kinda lonely in my home. Maybe we can get a pet too."

"Oh, um, maybe. I'll have to think about it. Let's take baby steps. I'll have to see how you live, if you're ready for a kid yet," you joke.

"A kid?!" His eyes widen.

"A fur baby silly. I'll have to see if you would be able to take care of one."

The two of you laugh.

"Okay, well, I'll see you tomorrow. Take care my love," Hongjoong leans over and kisses you sweetly on the lips.

You don't want this moment to end.

You pull apart, and Hongjoong tucks your hair behind your ear.

"I love you," you smile and leave his car.

Hongjoong watches you enter your apartment building before pulling away, a huge smile on his face.

--------

sksksks I'm going to make this into a fanfic because I don't want this story to end. I don't want to have like 10 parts on this storyline either 😂 mine as well make a ff!

I love it so much, and I'm really falling so hard for Hongjoong ♡ he's biased wrecked me so hard. Slowly but surely he has ruined my life in the best possible way 💕