[I] ▪ jongho | dare

You bid your friend good bye, as you drop her off at her house

You bid your friend good bye, as you drop her off at her house. As you're turning around, you hear your name being called out.

"[Y/N] noona..."

You turn around to find your friend's younger brother Jongho to be standing behind you.

He doesn't say anything for a moment but then finally bursts out, "Do you want to go on a date with me?"

You don't respond, but you feel your heart pounding faster than normal.

"Yes, yes I would love to go on a date with you," you give Jongho a smile.

He gives you a wide smile in return before retreating back into the house.

You head back to your house, thinking about what just happened. You are very close with your friend and her family. You're friendly with Jongho, and as time went on, you started to feel different around him.

And just now, after him asking you on a date, you realized that you had feelings for him. He's only a year and a half younger than you, but you still feel so much older than him.

You smile, anticipating your date with Jongho.

When you return home, you find a text from him, asking when a good day and time would be for a date.

You reply with your availability and the two of you plan the date.

A couple of days later, the date rolls around and you wait for Jongho, as he told you that he would come to your house before heading on your date.

You hear a knock and scurry to the door to find Jongho holding a bouquet of flowers. He is a flustered and nervous wreck, and doesn't return your greeting for second.

"Yo-you look beautiful, [Y/N]," Jongho stutters.

"Thank you," a blush rises to your cheeks.

He hands over the flowers to you, where you put them on the hallway table before stepping out of your house.

The two of you are quiet as you head to the bus stop, as you are both nervous.

You finally break the ice, saying that you're excited for the day.

Jongho expresses his excitement as well.

The two of you head to the pier, where you first buy some food. You get cotton candy, popcorn, and icees, happy to be getting some sweets.

Not often do you treat yourself to so much sugar, so you are excited to be eating so much delicious foods.

Afterwards, the two of you have a sugar rush and things become more natural, where you're able to joke around and goof off.

The two of you go on some rides and play some arcade games. The two of you compete in various games, and in the end, Jongho ends up winning you you a stuffed animal.

He smiles as he hands it over to you, both of you shy. You let your head drop to look at it, not making eye contact. Jongho rubs the back of his neck, blushing and grinning.

On your way home, the silence is not as awkward as it has been.

Jongho clears his throat before saying, "My friends dared me to ask you on a date. They didn't think you would say yes. They told me that if you said no, I would have to buy them food for a week. But if you said yes, they wouldn't bother me for a week."

You were shocked that he was dared to ask you on a date.

"I hope they don't bother you for any longer. You don't deserve to be bothered by them just because you're the youngest of the friend group."

Jongho is surprised by your words, and you are surprised by what you just said.

"And if they bother you, tell them they have to go through me first."

You stop and Jongho stops once he notices you stopped.

"Jongho...do you want to go out with me? Like, be my boyfriend?"

You're shocked by your boldness, but you realize how much you care about Jongho and how happy you are with him.

Jongho's mouth drops open before he smiles widely and says, "Yes, of course noona. You don't know how long I've waited to know your feelings about me. I'm happy that you reciprocate my feelings."

--------

I have a couple of ideas for more imagines, so that's why I keep updating :) I'd rather write than sleep and do studying lol but I know I need to get my work done ugh but writing is a form of relaxation and self-care...that's my excuse hehe

I'm also busy so I hope I'll get everything done. I have to get everyhing done though /sigh/

Also, those fancams of Jongho opening Monsta X's 'We Are Here' is cute :') my 2 favs