[I/A] ▪ hongjoong | aurora

Your POV

Your POV

To the most precious thing (person because you're a person my dear!) in my life:

I have to go away for awhile. I may never return. I have some debts to repay. I promise it will all be explained one day to you, whether it's after I come back (if I come back) or by my closest friends. You will know if I shall not return. You will not feel any pain, but rather peace wash over you.

You mean the world to me, my darling. You filled a void, a hole in my life. I was missing something, and you were the missing puzzle piece.

Thank you for always being there for me, even now. I know you'll understand.

I love you

-Hongjoong

You feel physical pain as you read the message Hongjoong left for you.

You don't understand why he left, but at the same time, you do understand.

You know Hongjoong would go out of his way to sacrifice whatever it is, and it seems like himself this time, so his loved ones would be protected.

You are thankful for the time you had with Hongjoong. He was the sweetest person you had ever encountered. He went out of his way to make you happy, and he always surprised you. Even if it was just a bouquet of your favorite flowers or your favorite meal when you got home, it would bring a smile to your face.

You wish you got a proper goodbye, but his letter will have to do.

It must have been even harder for him to leave you.

Hongjoong's POV

I look out the window of the car, where I watch the snow covered trees whiz by.

I wish I could have brought [Y/N] with me. I wish I could have gone on a happy trip with [Y/N] to this destination that I'm heading to.

But alas, the mood is dark and heavy. I don't anticipate making it back alive. But it's worth a shot.

When the long trek ends, I thank the driver and pay them.

I head to the middle of the open field, kicking up snow. I shiver ever so slightly.

I will never get used to this human feeling, but I've learned all humans feel the same.

I stare up into the dark sky filled with shining stars. I see a shooting star, and I hope [Y/N] sees it too.

Your POV

You throw a blanket around your shoulders and head out to the deck. You look up at the star filled sky.

You and Hongjoong loved coming out at night when the sky is clear to look up at the stars.

He would show you the different constellations and where the different planets were in conjunction to where we are. You were always so amazed at how much he knew about space.

You would always aspire to have even an once of his knowledge.

As you stare up at the sky, you spot a shooting star. You wish that Hongjoong is safe wherever he is.

Hongjoong's POV

I wish upon the star. I wish that [Y/N] will always be safe and happy. I wish that they know how much they mean to me.

As the star fades away in the distance, the aurora borealis appears. It's an absolutely stunning view.

My ultimate dream has been to take [Y/N] to see them, especially since I was born from them. But I could never do so as that was one of the promises I had made to the universe. I could never take my most precious loved one with me to see them.

We can only go see them on our own, not with each other.

What do you need so I can fulfill my debt? I think. This is my way of speaking to the universe.

You need to give up your life. You need to sacrifice yourself and come back home to us. You can be a star, [Y/N]'s shining star, protecting them and be their guiding star. The universe replies.

I understand.

How was your time being human and falling in love?

It was the most beautiful experience I have ever been through. I got to feel emotion, feelings, love. Thank you for allowing me to experience this.

And that is when I dissolved into a shooting star, zooming over where [Y/N] is. All I can think about is them, and how much I love them. I will follow them wherever I go.

Your POV

Another shooting star passes over me, and that's when I feel peace wash over me.

I know it's Hongjoong. I may never know his full story, but at least I got to share part of my life with him.

I love him dearly, and the time I got to spend with him.

--------

In my poll on my last post, it was a tie, so I just chose Hongjoong because I wanted to write an imagine titled Aurora and he made this song :p the poll was to help me decide who this imagine would be on.

I know I'm working on a Hongjoong ff, but he deserves the spotlight ♡

I honestly don't entirely know what this imagine was lol I was thinking that he was some sort of other entity and he wanted to come to be human under some conditions but could only stay for a certain period of time. Then he had to see if he could stay on Earth but in the end, he had to go back to the universe.

And now, I shall continue working on my fanfic now, probably won't be on this book for awhile, but who really knows! I may find inspiration somewhere.

I could honestly make this storyline into something something but it's not as thought out as my current ff haha I think this imagine is fine as it is^^