•Thirty-Two•

Pulling into Dante's driveway, I can feel my anger and confusion building

Pulling into Dante's driveway, I can feel my anger and confusion building. So many questions cloud my thoughts while my anger and frustration intensify, invoking something in me that I'm not quite familiar with. Yes, I've felt rage and I've felt pain. However, this is so much more extreme.

Questions constantly circle my thoughts. What plan did Dante and Ray conspire behind my fucking back? Is she truly pregnant? Did I jump to conclusions? If she is, who is the dead mother fucker that would dare lay a goddamn finger on what is mine?

Gritting my teeth trying to hold back the anger as HIS face instantly flashes before my eyes, Gabriel DeLuca. The image of my hands locked around his throat as I strangle his last breaths from his battered body. Fuck—FUCK!

She left me, I know, but goddamn it, I never meant for her to move on. This isn't what I wanted. This isn't what I envisioned...

I wanted her to finish college, fulfill her fucking dreams of becoming a doctor, to not let all those years she studied go to waste. I didn't want her to move on and with a traitor at that. I didn't want her to fall into a trap and then be killed by Caine because the bastard she so stupidly trusted and laid down with is conspiring to hand her over to him!

God, how did this happen? Damn it, why didn't I fight for her when she left? Why did I let her go so easily? This is all my goddamn fault...this is all on me. I allowed my fear of losing her to Caine or some unknown enemy to consume my head and left her open and vulnerable to even more danger.

As we pull up to the entrance of the estate, I see several of Dante's men standing guard, holding assault rifles. We knew they were guarding the entrance because Cole and DJ informed Nick.

I glance up the stairs as I take a pull from my cigarette and finish the rest of my bourbon, helping to calm my rage so I don't massacre every motherfucker I see.

A tall muscular bald guy, dressed in a clean black suit and an AR-15 strapped to his body takes a step forward, "Mr. Heart, Mr. Russo is expecting you. If you would please follow me." His voice was deep and authoritative. I'm guessing he's head of Dante's Security, but I don't remember seeing him on video surveillance. I glance back to Nick and Cole nodding towards them, they both know to keep watch for anything and everything. I'm not afraid of the army he has, I've got my guys waiting on standby if shit goes sideways. Seeing Ray leave the room in the video and never coming back had me in a panic, so I've called in my allies for back up. I look back towards the bald fucker and nod, "Well, take me to him then."

We follow the man into the estate, walking past many rooms. I keep count of all the heavily armed men we pass. The bald fucker finally comes to a stop in front of a metal door.
Furrowing my brows in confusion I ask, "What is this?" before he types in a code causing the metal door's lock to unlatch. The fucker stays silent, ignoring my question making my anger intensify. He opens the door, holding it open for us, and gestures ahead.