Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Proposition

Meena stared across the table at Gabriella wondering what the model wanted, she wasn’t sure what she wanted but she felt so nervous right now; she didn’t want to ruin her boyfriend’s career.

Neymar was sat beside Meena in the café were Gabriella had insisted that they take her; he glared at Gabriella wishing that she hadn’t been able to find them making out.

“I have a proposition for the two of you,” Gabriella said sipping on her drink, she knew that it was a long shot and she was sure that they would say no; but her offer would help them cover up the fact they were dating.

Neymar took Meena’s hand under the table, he wasn’t going to allow Gabriella to blackmail them; his mother couldn’t find out and he would do anything to stop it.

“I know you don’t want anyone to find out that you are dating,” Gabriella said looking at the couple, she had no idea how Nadine hadn’t noticed since the two weren’t very good at hiding things but they were lucky that she hadn’t.

Neymar nodded his head, he held on tightly to Meena’s hand so that she didn’t think that this was over; he cared deeply for her and wasn’t going to let anyone come between them.

“I don’t want people to know that I’m a lesbian,” Gabriella revealed needing them to trust her, she smiled as the couple stared at her surprised; it wasn’t information that she shared lightly with anyone.

Neymar looked confused at the model, he had no idea why she was sharing that information with them; he peeked at Meena who looked just as confused as he did.

“Why are you telling us this?” Meena asked unsure of what Gabriella stood to gain by sharing that news with them; she was so nervous about what the model had planned.

Neymar nodded his head in agreement, he didn’t see why Gabriella would share something like that with them; he didn’t trust her and she had them stuck with her knowledge of their relationship.

“Because we can help each other,” Gabriella said smiling, she had done a lot of thinking since she realised that Neymar was dating Meena; she needed help covering up her sexuality and she was sure that the couple would help.

Neymar raised an eyebrow at Gabriella, he looked at her wondering why she would want to hide who she was; not that he could blame her since he was trying to hide his own relationship.

“I have a girlfriend back in Brazil but I need someone to pretend to be my boyfriend,” Gabriella tried to explain, she truly loved her girlfriend of two years but it would ruin her career if she came out right now; she didn’t want that and so needed a fake boyfriend.

Meena watched Gabriella, she had no idea how hard it must be to hide a part of yourself in fear of being judged; she wondered what Gabriella was expecting from them.

“Listen… you need a girlfriend to cover up your relationship and I need a boyfriend to cover up mine,” Gabriella said trying to make Neymar see what she wanted; she doubted that he would say yes and it wasn’t going to be easy but it was the best that she could ever offer.

***

“What are you going to do?” Meena said shutting her bedroom door, she peeked at her boyfriend who had insisted on coming up with her to her apartment; it was after twelve and her room-mates were asleep leaving the couple alone.

Neymar ran a hand through his hair as he sat down on her bed, he looked around taking in her bedroom; he wasn’t sure how he felt about the fact that she was living in student accommodation.

“I don’t know,” Neymar admitted, he leant back on the bed as he watched Meena removed her shoes; he hadn’t wanted to go home and he just hoped that his mother hadn’t noticed that he wasn’t coming home.

Meena sighed moving to sit down, she was a little nervous about having him in her room; she was just glad that there was a lock on the door so that she didn’t need to worry about her room-mates walking in.

“Can I stay tonight?” Neymar asked looking at Meena, he didn’t want to return home and he didn’t know how much longer he had with Meena before she went to Portugal.

Meena paused and raised an eyebrow at Neymar, they had only been dating for two weeks and she was in no way ready to sleep with her boyfriend.

“I don’t mean to do that,” Neymar said sitting up, he wasn’t interested in having sex with his girlfriend; he wanted to take his time, he just didn’t want to go home to his mother.

Meena laughed softly and nodded her head, she kissed Neymar making him smile; he had no idea how he hadn’t found anyone else like her in his life.

Neymar wrapped his arms around Meena and held her close, he just wished that he had more time with her before she went to Lisbon.

***

Neymar stripped down to his underwear, he had no idea what to think and he was excited to have the night with his girlfriend; he watched her come out of the bedroom wearing her lilac jersey top and cream check pyjama bottoms.

Neymar smiled to himself, he couldn’t believe that he had a girlfriend like Meena; she wasn’t afraid to be herself with him and that was what he loved about her.

Meena wasn’t like his past girlfriends who had tried to be someone else when they were together; Neymar doubted that he could ever go back to dating models or actresses after having Meena in his life.

Meena brushed some hair from her face, she watched Neymar turn of his phone so that they wouldn’t be disturbed if his mother called; she smiled wondering how she had gotten so lucky to have a boyfriend like him.

Meena moved to set her alarm clock, she would have to sneak Neymar out of her room early if she didn’t want her room-mates to question them; she didn’t feel ready to tell them that she was dating Neymar.

Neymar climbed under the covers, he was relieved that she was letting him stay since he needed to think carefully about Gabriella’s offer; he needed to think about how this would be affect things with Meena.

Meena climbed into bed and cuddled into Neymar, she closed her eyes and rested her head on his shoulders; she smiled as she felt Neymar wrap his arms around her and hold her close.

“What are you going to do?” Meena asked quietly, she felt Neymar hold her close as they cuddled in bed; she wished that they could spend more time like this.

Nadine’s visit was adding stress to their relationship and Meena hoped that Nadine wasn’t going to be staying for long.

“I think I’m going to accept… it’ll take some pressure off us,” Neymar said softly, he pressed a kiss to the top of her head and he hoped that she would understand.

Meena nodded slowly, she didn’t blame him for wanting to make things easier for them and she hoped that if they did agree that Gabriella would able to get Nadine to back off.

“Sleep Nia,” Neymar whispered knowing that he didn’t want her worrying about anything, he was her boyfriend and he would do anything to make her happy; they were just going to have to do something about his parents.