Chapter 24

"It's you, it's really you. You're real," Vic kept chanting in my ear and I could hear the tremble in his voice as the tears fell and I could feel his warm breath against my neck whilst I subconsciously stroked his hair, trying to calm him.

"Yeah, Vic, I'm here now," I whispered. The smile wouldn't leave my face now that I held him in my arms. There was nothing that I would let tear him away from me. Actually seeing him, knowing he was real made how I feel towards him intensify.

I pulled back but kept a hold of him and held him out in front of me so I could get a good look at him. I was filled with confusion. I thought Vic was happy to see me so why was he shedding tears? Even though I had seen Mike cry before I was still so uncommon with the emotion.

"I don't understand," I muttered whilst tilting my head to the side, "why do you smile through your tears?"

He looked at me blankly before smiling a little more. I lifted my hand up and placed it on the side of his face, gently wiping away his tears with my thumb.

"These are tears of joy," he said quietly but clearer. His voice was even more beautiful to hear, "I'm just really overwhelmed with happiness right now."

I still didn't quite get it but nevertheless I smiled too, believing his words that he was truly happy in that moment he shared with me. The breeze had calmed itself down slightly so our hair own blew a little in the wind. I frowned because it covered up his face when all I wanted to do was admire it more. I found myself staring at his lips, suddenly wondering what it would be like if they were against my own. I slapped myself quickly, making Vic look at me with surprise and curiosity and maybe even concern, to rid the thoughts. Don't think like that, Kellin! You've only just met him.

"So what do we do now?" he asked, still looking at me as though he was unsure of my actions but he trusted me. I knew he did. It was probably because I just slapped myself that he felt a little uncomfortable with my company.

"I don't know. We walk," I decided. I turned and stood by his side and took his hand in mine. I glanced at him through the corner of my eye to see him staring at our entwined fingers. It looked as though he didn't mind although I couldn't be too sure. He went along with it as we walked in a comfortable silence.

After a while I held up our hands, "I hope you don't mind this."

His smile reappeared on his face as he shook his a little, "Not at all. Does this mean you're gay?" he asked and it was almost as though there was hope in his voice.

I nodded, "Yeah." The uncertainty was audible in my tone which even surprised me since I was always such a confident character. Vic just had a different effect on me.

"Don't worry," he smiled, "I am too." My eyes widened in shock. I was almost positive that he'd be straight although there were signs that pointed to him being gay but I didn't want to keep my hopes up until his sexuality was confirmed. Now that I knew the feeling that I had in my chest came back, the warm one that made me feel good.

"So what's going to happen now is we go somewhere to talk and we talk, okay? Because there's a lot we need to discuss," I said. Vic didn't seem like the type to argue so I figured he'd go with what I wished for which he did willingly.

The times has definitely changed since I was alive because as we walked through the street with connected hands no one looked twice. We didn't receive any judgemental looks or unwanted comments. Maybe there was some good in the world now. We even came across across two girls making out in a shop window.

One had blonde hair, her eyes were closed but I could tell that they would've been blue. The other had dark brown hair and a pretty nose. They suited each other well and to see them so open about their relationship made me proud to be who I am too.