Chapter 37

3 CHAPTERS LEFT

~~~

JUSTIN'S P.O.V

The army over the hill were getting closer by the second and no one knew what decision was to be made. At this moment, we had no clue as to who were our real enemies. The options that lay in front of us were to kill our own kind or let the army of Heaven kill them for us and we work together however by the time that happened, we'd have the Sins and other Demons against us. We weren't just fighting two opponents, we were battling against time.

"Justin," Gabe hissed at me, "what are we going to do?"

I shook my head at him, "how am I supposed to know?"

"Well," he began with a rushed tone, "someone needs to be in charge and to everyone here you're that someone."

My eyes widened at the thought of that. I looked over at the faces either watching the million footsteps marching down the hill or staring at us in anticipation, well, staring at me to be exact. I was no leader, that had always been Kellin. I'm not even originally a being of Hell so the idea of myself taking on the role of being in charge made me feel uncomfortable.

"Well?" Gabe urged, continuing his attempt at getting some sort of even vague answer out of me.

I clenched my fists then proceeded to unclench them as I ran through several possibilities in my head. None of the outcomes for any strategy seemed worth the risk of the uncertainties in each not so carefully thought out plan.

"What's most important is that we show Heaven's army that it's not them that we want to fight. Hopefully, if they see us not wanting to attack them then they'll keep away from fighting us," I said, my voice quickly becoming quicker and quicker as we lost time with every word spoken whilst both armies against us became either more eager to start the fight or got closer to us.

"Justin, they won't know which Demon is on our side and which is on the side of the Sins,"
Jack pointed out. For a second there, I almost believed I was smart.

"Okay, then we'll have to just-"

"That's it!" Franceschi yelled, "We've given you enough time! Everyone! Go!" With that order given, the Demons who weren't fighting with us made their move to run at us, full with adrenaline.

"There's no room for mistakes now," Gabe said beside me, giving my hand a quick squeeze and looking me straight in the eye. I returned a look that was equally as determined.

"You're right. There's no way I'm letting you get hurt again," I smiled at him then ran in battle with him beside me.

It didn't take long before I was fighting someone one on one. Our weapons clashed as we blocked each other's attacks. Whoever they were, they were strong. I peered upwards to try and at least identify whether this warrior belonged to Heaven or Hell.

She was a beautiful fighter, that was for sure. Fiery red hair but petite figure however that didn't fail to restrict the fighting spirit within her and the outrageous strength she bare. The white dress she wore, which she seemed to magically be able to move so freely in, gave me the impression she fought for Heaven.

"You know," I shouted, taking a step back to gain momentum, "I really don't want to fight you."

She remained silent as she lashed her sword at me. Of course, I dodged it. Just about.

"I want to fight the ones who started this whole thing. I want to kill the ones who are after Vic," I told her. For a split second she lost her cool and her wide eyes were her unintentional response to what I told her but then she was back to her fighting frame of mind.