Chapter 39

ONE CHAPTER LEFT 

~~~

KELLIN'S P.O.V

The ground was trembling more and more with every hit thrown in both directions, whether it be a kick to the stomach aimed at myself or a blow to the face making contact with the disheveled skin of Oli's. The trembling and quivering almost equaled how much Vic's lips were, I'd given up on looking over in his direction at this point simply because it just hurt to see the soundless screams he'd attempt to let escape to end the conflict between Oli and I. 

If honesty was my strongest point, then I wouldn't have had to constantly lie to myself in order to persuade myself to let my naïvety sink through and let myself believe I was getting somewhere close to winning. Unfortunately, I was cursed with the not quite so convenient habit of appearing as a sore loser. Perhaps the fake spirit I had implanted into my consciousness, my entire being, was a good thing because maybe then it might have just been what had kept me going. 

That or the sudden realisation that Copeland was still somewhere waiting for Vic and I to return to her. 

Oil came at me again with intentions such as making my perfect face less so perfect but I highly even for a slight second doubted that to be possible. That was my honesty at it's finest. 

I dodged by ducking down low and caught a glimpse at the ever growing cracks in the ground. Using the minimal time that I had, I snatched a look at to the far distance to see that part of the ground was breaking off and actually crumbling. The thing was though, was that we were above the clouds. We'd made gravity stop in it's path and were, not so settled might I add, in the sky. 

The sky was falling apart. 

My attention still remained clung to Oli and wanting to bash his pathetic, little face in but my worries immediately lied with Vic and Copeland within a split second. Defeating Oli was the most important issue I was facing that had to be dealt with no matter what the cost, I knew that, but my priority was insuring Vic and Copeland's safety. 

After the time I had managed to go ignoring Vic in his huge, intimidating cage, I couldn't help myself but glance in his direction just to remind myself that he was still at least just okay. When I made eye contact with him, I wasn't quite too sure if my actions were regretted or not. 

The look in his eye made me feel like I was losing him. My Angel, who always had this beam of light surrounding him, dimmed. His eyes looked hollow and swollen, his face empty of expression. I think he had just given up on feeling. 

Was it because of me ignoring him whilst I tried to fight Oli? Was it because of all the suffering he had gone through and that now enough was enough? Or was it just the plain fact that he was just done? 

Surely, even if he was done with fighting and trying to survive, surely, he wasn't done with me. 

With my mind being clouded by so many thoughts, I suppose that gave Oli the time he needed to plant a supreme blow to my impeccable face. The force of it though blew me back and I slid on my back towards the cage, only stopping once I landed against the giant imprisonment. 

To think about being able to fight anymore would have just been delusional of me. Reality itself had not only slapped me in the face, but full on had me choking on my own blood that I coughed up, enough to know that. I was in no shape or form prepared to carry on raging forward, no way. I'd become a hopeless case. 

Who was I to even believe I stood a chance against Oli? If I could even call him by that name right now, it didn't take a genius to figure out that S had given part of himself to Oli. S's soul, if he even had one, was inside Oli and probably eating away at him more and more. In what word would I have ever been able to come out on top in a situation such as this? No world, that was the answer, no world whatsoever.