Chapter 36

Hi, so I'm not dead! That's always a good thing, I guess. It's been a month since my last update and I apologise immensely for that. Long story short, a lot of problems have happened recently and I've been busy, resulting in the lack of updates and possibly me not being allowed to continue on Wattpad anymore but hopefully that won't be the case. I just want to thank you for being patient with me and reading this story as far as it's got. I have no words to describe just how much I really appreciate it. Thank you.
~~~

4 CHAPTERS LEFT

~~~

KELLIN'S P.O.V

I held Copeland's tiny hand in my own as we kept on going forward in search of Vic. I made sure not to walk too quickly so that her small legs could walk at a speed that wasn't too tiring for her. Whilst we were on our little journey I kept wondering how long she had been hiding there for on her own. I couldn't even imagine how terrifying it must have been for such a young girl.

"How long is it until we get there?" she whined beside me.

"I don't know," I said, feeling bad for not giving her a very worth while answer.

She just nodded and went back to being silent.

Not too long ago she was extremely talkative, telling me everything about herself that she could remember but it was upsetting to watch her try and wrack her brain for more information about herself. She just didn't understand why she didn't know much more than her name. I didn't want to tell her just yet that the reason for that was because she was dead. It made me curious as to how she met her fate but I couldn't ask her that.

We'd managed to walk so far that there was now nothing out here, just a white, blank space of nothingness. I got the impression that walking into the unknown slightly frightened Copeland when she clung onto me tighter. I looked down at her to see that she had began panting a little.

Feeling guilty for wearing her out so much, I bent down and lifted up her delicate body and decided to carry her. She smiled gratefully at me before resting her small head on my shoulder. It wasn't too long after that that she ended up falling asleep.

Her light weight wasn't a burden at all so it didn't slow down my pace as I continued the search for Vic. I was just desperately hoping that he was doing okay.

He wasn't the only one who I was concerned about, my worries also lied with Justin. I had no idea what had happened to him since I left him however I knew that he was capable of looking after himself without getting killed in the process although part of me slightly doubted him. Hopefully he would have met up with Gabe or Jack. I couldn't even remember the last time I saw those two. If anything it felt as though I was losing my three best friends and it wasn't something that I could stop.

However, something did make me stop since I could feel someone's presence nearby although it wasn't a good feeling. Whoever it was that I was sensing, wasn't Vic. It felt like someone was watching us. I spun round to see if I could catch whoever it was lurking in the shadows but no one was there or at least not from what I could see.

Suddenly I began feeling uneasy but nevertheless, I carried on marching forward ignoring the unsettling nerves that were rising within me. I had no idea why just the thought of a mystery person's mere presence had me tense since I was certain that I'd be able to fight them off as I'm a strong Demon who is capable of doing so. Maybe it was the fact that it was where we were and the idea of there being conflict in Heaven. Honestly, the best reason I could think of was that I knew that if this person revealed themselves and I had to fight then there'd be no one to protect Copeland but then again, protect Copeland from what?