Chapter 6

"Mike Fuentes.." Justin muttered after hearing Gabe state the soul's name.

"Do you like know him or something?" I asked Justin. It took a moment for him to respond although when he finally did all I received was a shake of his head. I debated in my own head whether to question him further or not. His focus level was so high as he noted Mike's every move.

"Although I knew someone who knew him," he added on after a long pause, keeping his fixed gaze on Mike.

"Who was he?" I asked but never got an answer.

I turned to look at Jack and Gabe to see what they thought of all of this but they were now watching Mike too, just like all the other people who had circled round to watch the event like vultures.

Austin whipped Mike again, with each strike a look of regret would wash upon Austin's face each time more sincere and strong although it would fade as soon as it had appeared. Mike yelled out in pain then quickly bit down on his bottom lip to suppress anymore cries. He was sweating a lot, the drips of sweat rolling down his face then his face body eventually meeting where his body was dripping blood and would turn the same crimson colour.

"I needed.." Mike began to speak but Austin lashed out on him again, making Mike wince but he attempted at speaking again.

"I just wanted to find.." Mike tried to say but with every word it seemed to enhance the pain he was receiving from Austin. Austin stopped for a moment, this time the look of regret never leaving his features and he asked, "What did you need? What did you want to find?"

"I needed my.." Mike took in a deep breath to try and control himself, gritting his teeth before continuing.

"I wanted to find my brother," he finally managed to let out. I saw out of the corner of my eye Justin clench his fists. I gave him a questioning look but he failed to notice.

Austin didn't let him talk anymore, instead he carried on with the beatings earning yet more cries of pain from Mike. Everyone kept staring, not daring to move as more people came round to watch intently but my eyes widened as a certain emotion traced Mike's face.

There are demons who say that once you're in Hell, whether you're a soul or demon, you become incapable of feelings or at least strong emotions. Physical pain would always be something everyone could feel, after all souls were here to be tortured. Sadness and sorrow was an emotion only few souls ever felt but even then, no one would know if they're depressed. When a soul receives punishment they'll cry out in pain, they'll be miserable for the rest of their pitiful 'lives' although not in a way of depression and yet as I continued to watch Mike more and more tears began streaming down his face.

His voice was inaudible but I found it clear to read his lips as he repeated an apology over and over again. The tears had shocked me because I hadn't seen anyone cry for over three hundred years, there were demons here who had never seen a single tear drop before at all.

He took another sharp intake of breath before screaming, "Vic, I'm sorry! I'm sorry I couldn't get to you! I'm so sorry, Vic!"

At that moment Justin shook his head and turned around leaving the scene which began to unfold more intensely by the second. I decided to follow Justin, partly because I wanted to know why this effected him, the other reason being he'll just get lost.

"Hey, Justin!" I called out after him yet he didn't even hesitate as he continued to walk further away from me.

"Justin, stop!" I cried out louder, picking up my pace so that I could catch up with him eventually doing so. I placed my hand on his arm and spun him around.