Heartfelt Loss

Katherine stood and held his hand as the slow snow started to fall. Her long black dress hung to just above her ankles as she looked at him. Clark just stood there as if he were numb. Just days before his dad was running for state Senate but after something that happened after he had won the election he died of a massive heart attack in his family's arms.
  Katherine turned her head to see Lana, Chloe, Lois and even off in the distance was Lex Luthor. All their to pay their respects to Johnathan Kent. Katherine turned and looked at Martha Kent, the sorrow written on her face was more than even Katherine could handle. Lana moved closer and took Clark's hand in her own but he barely even noticed her there. Lana let his hand fall to his side and walked away with the others. Katherine slowly led him away from the gravesite. Clark stopped momentarily to drop dirt on his father's grave. He let her lead him away but even then Katherine wasnt sure if he was ready to let go of his dad.

Katherine knew that if Clark didnt release some of his emotions he would explode and that he almost did when he had met a girl that was hell bent on vengeance after the death of her own parent.

Katherine sat watching the home video with Martha when she heard the door open. She and Martha both turned to see Clark standing there watching the very end of the video, on his wrist his dad's watch.  Martha stood and moved to her son's side and touched his arm lifting it to look at the watch. She saw the tears start to roll down his cheeks, Katherine moved over to them and she held onto him and Martha at the same time as Clark cried.  First time since his dad had died that he had even cried.