Normal

Clark walked into the hospital room with a large bouquet of flowers in hand. Katherine looked up as he entered the the room.
"Hi."
"Hi, how are you feeling?"
"Like I was shot."
"Not quite what I meant but I can see where you are coming from with this."
"What made Jason go off the deep end?"
"No idea. He didn't survive the meteor slamming into the house. So we will never know. I'm sorry you were hurt."
"Clark it wasn't your fault. Hows your mom?"
"She's home. They were surprised to hear that my powers are gone through.  We can have a normal relationship."
"I always thought what we had was normal. I mean I know allot of people don't know about you well most people don't but it is who you are."
"I finally get to be normal.  I've always wanted to be normal."
"I know. I will eventually get to leave here too. The doctor did say maybe another week or so. Sooner if I keep up with my physical therapy. I am lucky Jason didn't aim higher or lower he could have killed or paralyzed me."
"But he didn't and that is what matters.  Kat I could have lost you."
"I could say the same for you. Your normal now because you didn't go back to finish the studies that Jor-el had for you? "
"Pretty much. He didnt give me much of a choice.  I was going to go back but I didn't get out of the area fast enough. I saved Lana."
"You have a good heart Clark. And anyone not willing to see that isnt worth the time. Even if he is your biological father."
"Yeah I know." Clark answered.  He sat down on the bed next to her and held her hand, he looked down at the bandage that took up most of her chest area.
"Clark I'm not going to break you can touch me.  They got all the fragments out and everything is healing like its supposed to."
"I just feel like if I touch you you might break. I saw you the day you were here. I came in right after I missed my chance to keep my powers.  I came in and saw you.  You were resting. It's been almost two weeks you are looking allot better."
"Yeah a nurse told me you had been here. I love you."
"I love you too." Clark answered leaning down and kissing her.
"Visting hours are over Mr. Kent."
"I'll be back first thing tomorrow."
"You better."
Clark left the room and Katherine tried to get comfortable enough to sleep.

Katherine's eyes snapped open in the next morning.
"Clark." Katherine slid from the bed and pulled her IV's out and slowly stood. She opened her room door and slowly made her way out of the room. She looked around and made her way down the hallway. As she made her way down the hall she looked into the rooms and stopped when she saw Clark laying on a bed in the center of one of the rooms.
"Clark?" She walked into the room and pulled up a small chair.
"Hey handsome, I am not sure if you can hear me please don't leave me." She touched his face with her hand, he turned his head and opened his eyes and smiled at her. She smiled back at him and then his eyes closed and his heart stopped. Nurses and a doctor rushed into the room shoving her from it. Katherine looked on from the hallway as they tried to restart his heart and finally they weren't able to get it restarted and called his time of death.  Katherine ran into the room sobbing a nurse pulled her back out . The doctor made her way down the hallway to tell Clark's parents of his death just as Katherine had come down moments before. A nurse quickly called the doctor back to the now empty room.  Katherine looked into the room and passed out. Johnathan caught her before she fell to the floor.

Clark held Katherine's hand as he watched her sleep. He brushed her hair out of her face and waited.  He knew that the doctors would ask too many questions if they saw him but he didn't dare leave with her for fear of hurting her. He also knew if the doctor saw him they would want to check him over for injuries.  But also knew he couldn't lie and not let them know he was alive. He wasn't leaving her side not again.
Katherine woke to find Clark's head resting on the bed. She ran her fingers through his dark hair just to be sure he was real.
"Clark"
"Kat, your awake."
"And your alive. Do you want to explain that to me?"
"Maybe later."
"You have your powers back don't you?"
"Back to normal."
"Our normal." Katherine said, she took his hand in hers and looked into his eyes. "Please dont take this wrong Clark but I like this normal.  I prefer this normal."
"I know. I just for once wanted to see what it would be like to be like everyone else. "
"It got you shot. That's as close to being like everyone else."
"I know. I did talk to your doctor while you were resting. "
"And?"
"If I can keep you from overdoing things you can go home tomorrow."
"Really?"
"Yeah. And since I will have permission to leave with you it would be easier to do it then to just leave."
"Good."