Scene 18 - Thunderbird 1 to the Rescue!

The gas keeps spreading, and Thunderbird 1 lowers.

Scott:

Father, the gas is spreading rapidly! We need to find a solution to get rid of it.

Brains and Tintin enter the lounge again.

Brains:

Mr. Tracy, if that gas was to ex...explode, then it would take up the entire complex with it.

Jeff:

Right. Scott, you need to blow the air away with your jets. Is the exploded chamber near the edge of the complex?

Brains:

Near enough. The problem isn't about chocking on the gas, it's about the gas getting through the other tanks and exploding them!

Scott:

Ok then. I'll need to blow away the fumes away into the forest, at least there is no life around for miles. Commencing now!

Thunderbird 1 angles around and faces behind the complex, Scott then pulls the left lever down he holds his Thunderbird in flight. A massively powerful current of air blows across the compound, and most of the poisonous gas is blown away into the nearby trees, left to drift out of harm's way.

Lady Penelope:

Well done Scott! It's working. And it will help.

Scott:

Right. Thunderbird 2 will be arriving at any minute. I'll stand by, every second counts!

Jeff:

Scott, Brains tells me that the air still won't be safe to breathe outside. Land some distance away from the complex, and then tunnel your way in.

Scott:

F.A.B. I hope we're not too late father!