Scene 2 - Thunderbird 3

Tracy Island. The calm, happy island, or rather the organization secretly known as International Rescue. The lounge, John comfortably places himself down on the seat that leads to the Thunderbird 3 hanger. And Jeff enters in and sees his son ready to depart.

Jeff:

Ah John good. You're ready for your term on space duty?

John:

Yes dad. Its been great back down here on Tracy Island again.

Jeff:

Yeah. I'm sure Alan would like to get back down. And besides you only get to see him usually once a month.

John:

Yeah. But I can like up there sometimes. Sure it gets lonely but being on your own can help refresh the mind.

Jeff:

Well John, away you go.

Lady Penelope's eyes begin flashing and bleeping on her photo.

John:

Father, Lady Penelope!

Jeff:

Hang on a minute John.

He clicks open the radio communication box on his desk, then Jeff stiffly walks around to the other side.

Go ahead Penny.

The image begins to play.

Lady Penelope:

Jeff, one of my agents have just reported more information regarding the Armageddon. He is coming around in shortly to brief me about it.

Jeff:

Ok Penny. The boys will be on stand by if there is a situation. Good luck Lady Penelope. After all you don't really know how ruthless this businessman really is.

Lady Penelope:

Don't worry Jeff, I'll be careful.

Jeff:

F.A.B.

Her image freezes back. Then, Jeff returns to the desk.

Alright John, we'll see you again in a months' time.

John:

See you then dad.

The chair is lowered down and the Thunderbird music starts. John is lowered down in the seat in the poll, halfway where another poll zooms back up, and then John's seat is clamped down on an electronic chair. The other chair is moved into position directly above John a few hundred feet before placing itself back up in the lounge. John is then wheeled down through the passage and under the massive block, sitting comfortably as the seat then exits from the other side to the Thunderbird 3 hanger.

Once John is wheeled directly underneath Thunderbird 3, before he is lifted neatly through up into the lounge of the rocket. He stands up and walks over to the lift, whilst the lift of the chair slides back down and hide under the hanger. As soon as John has been released to the control room, the console slides around the room as the uniforms slide from the wall to reveal a white, blue and purple sash – John's uniform.

John:

Stand by for blast off!

He presses a button on the console, as the three rockets blast in the silo.

Lift off!

Thunderbird 3 blasts off from the hanger, reaching out of the roundhouse on Tracy Island, rocketing in the sky and off into space.