Chapter 21

"You look at the sky and say it's nice,
But the sky can just cry, just cry."

Jungkook's POV

"Goodmorning mom." I cheered, going straight to my mom, kissing her cheeks as she giggled in delight.

"Goodmorning to you too carrots." she replied, giving me a short kiss on my head.

I sat down on the chair, digging some of my most favorite pancake of all times. Well, since my mom made them. Dad came with his usual office suit kissing mom on her cheeks, "goodmorning sweetheart." he said, sitting beside her with a hot coffee and a set of newspaper in hand.

"Look who just woke up at the right side of the bed." Mom pointed out, I raised my head from the delicious pancake and to my parents whose eyes on me.

"So carrot, what happened yesterday mhmm?" mom started, i gulped the remaining pancake.

"Nothing happened mom, what are you talking about?" I laughed nervously, eyeing my food digging some more.

"Oh really?? I wonder whose car was at jimin's house at midnight.. mhmm??"

"Mom!! So you were the one who installed my car's identity to jimin's house!!" My mom gave me a smile of satisfaction, sipping some of her tea.

"Oh carrots, it'll be soon enough for you to be part of jimin's life and family. I highly doubt that both of you will get to love eachother so much like in the past. If only jimin regains his memories back."

'in the past, huh?' I thought.

Should I even dwell in the past? I mean, I wanted jimin to love the present me, the jeon jungkook today.
The memories will forever remain in my mind. I want jimin to remember me but if it'll only cause him more pain, I would rather let him forgot than acknowledge my existence in his life.

••••••••••

Jungkook - 7
Jimin - 5
The picture above was them.
Jimin in a violet hoodie while jungkook in yellow hoodie.

"Munchkin!! come here baby. I wanna introduce you to someone." a voice shouted from a distance. Little jimin quickly grabs his stuffed yellow chick toy running towards his mother who was talking to another woman in a beautiful dress.

Jimin hides behind his mother, peaking a bit along with his yellow toy. The woman was looking down at him as she bend down at his level.

"Hello little munchkin! I am mommy sarang! Nice to meet you." sarang led a hand to jimin who was too shy to shake on it, his cheeks was painted in a pink shade. Jimin's mom giggled giving the small boy a little push of courage towards sarang who was waiting patiently for a handshake which jimin gave, unlikely he only shaked her thumb and went back again on hiding.

"He is shy just like you, minhye." sarang commented.

"Well, would you even call him my child if he isn't?" minhye fired back.

"I would take your munchkin if he isn't yours though. I wouldn't mind."

"Nu-uh. My munchkin is pretty and cute and handsome, I'll love him like no other mother can." minhye kissed her son's cheeks, jimin whined.

"Anyway, where is your carrots?" minhye asks, sarang scanned the surroundings only to find her son gone... again.

"mhmm he isn't here. He always gets away from my sight whenever I look somewhere." sarang sighed but was started when a brown worm landed on her foot as she screamed in terror hurriedly jumps on the ground, hoping to remove the worm in the process.

A loud laugh from behind her erupt as sarang turn around to see her son.

"Jeon Jungkook!!" She shouted with a demanding voice. The child was shook and stopped laughing, too scared of his own mother. He then walked and stayed beside her, heads hang low.

"He is a complete replica of you sarang, hahahaha." minhye laughed, sarang just scoffed. He really is like her, a trickster. The looks somehow was from jungkook's dad, her husband.

"What will you say, carrot?"

"Sorry, mom. I won't do it again." jungkook gave her mother a hug, sarang was quick to forgive and pat the child's back "i forgive you carrot."

"so where were we again? oh right! Carrots, I wanna introduce you to minhye. You can call her mom, she is a great friend of mine." Minhye lean to jungkook, giving him a hug. Jungkook wasn't the typical child who was shy as he did the same, hugging tightly.

Although, the hug was immediately broken by a jealous and crying 5 years old. Tears already cascading down his chubby cheeks as he pull his mom by the arm, away from jungkook.

"Shtop huggin mommy!! She ish my mommy!! She ishn't yourshh!!" Jimin shouted. The other arm has his yellow toy chick while the other has his mom's arm.

Jungkook was confused at the reaction of the unknown boy but he was likely intrigued. He wanna know the little boy more, he is pretty, small and cute. He looks like a small doll.

Minhye gave sarang an apologetic smile as she carried a crying jimin over her arms and inside the house, giving a short goodbye to the two.

"I wanna know him mom!!" jungkook cheered. Sarang chuckled, walking towards there own house while holding his son's hand.

"You will carrots, someday maybe. When the little munchkin is ready."