𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

『3rd pov』

3rd pov

Another person. Another funeral. Another murder.

Everybody were effected by Victoria Morgan's death. The last peace of hope that they held on to vanished in a few moments when they identified the body.

That's what Amelia felt. The fantasy of her mother walking through the door had to disappear. The desire that she so wished to be true became a stupid delusion. The looks of 'I told you so' that she imagined were on everybody's faces, sometimes flashed through her mind but honestly, Amelia didn't care. The dominate emotion never gave her space for that. She felt so much rage and anger for the person who took away her mom. Who took away a life that meant the world to her. The same way they took her friend.

The grief was all encompassing sadness. It was not like getting over the flu. It felt like emptiness in her heart, a shear of nothingness that somehow takes over and holds het soul and threatens to kill her entirely. It gives her this heavy feeling that's like the weight of the world is resting on her shoulders and there is nothing she can do to get out from under it. Everyone were afraid to mention her mother's name. They didn't want her to remember, but they knew that Amelia was already thinking of the one she lost nonstop.

The girl was stronger then most. She was a warrior and surviving was the first thing she thought about in the morning and the last thing that crossed her mind before she fell asleep.

At first, Amelia wondered, what's the point? Why she was seeking to survive when the people who she cared about were so easily pulled away? When she lived in the world full of pain and suffering?

Those thoughts started to fade day by day when Amelia truly realized that she was far from being alone. That she had people around her that cared deeply for her. Maybe she didn't ever say it, but in the back of her mind she knew that they were the ones saving her.

That was the reason. That was why she had to stand up and fight. It was all for them.

Everyone gathered around hugging and comforting Amelia, saying how much they miss Victoria. The church was filled with people wearing black, whispering and weeping in front of the white coffin. Amelia's hand was tightly intertwined with Leo's as she sat in the front seats near her dad. Noah, Peter and the girls were seated at the opposite side, but there gaze never left the trembling girl.

Through this hard time her friends never left Amelia's side. Noah and the girls practically started to live in her bedroom. Peter came over at times, but it was a completely new territory for him.

One by one people started to leave, but Amelia's eyes never left her mother's photo. She studied her every feature, every inch, over and over again.