𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

『amelia's pov』

amelia's pov

The sun was about to set covering the sky with bright, warm colors. The evening breeze tingled my bare neck as I walked through the neighborhood with Noah by my side. He was feeling a lot better and I was really happy for him. It was nice to see my friend finally moving on.

Me and him talked about silly things, different topics while enjoying each others company. We walked through different houses and past different people not really having a destination. Both of us were so invested in our talk that we didn't even realized we turned to the opposite direction.

As soon as the houses and people around us faded, it hit me, that we were not even close to the town's center. We followed a small path and stumbled near the forest. It was more private and closed of space, not even one person around us. It was so silent, that we could hear each other's breathing. But this place was far from unknown to me. I guess it was so familiar that I just unintentionally let myself come back here after so long.

My eyes widened as I grabbed Noah's sleeve to stop him and catch his attention. As soon I griped his jacket his gaze moved from me to the surroundings. He finally put it all together and looked at me with a sorrow expression on his face.

I let go of Noah's hand and moved closer tracing my fingers gently on the bench and the writing on the top. Through the words that were engraved on a gold plate. Through the name that was written in a beautiful hand writing.

In Loving Memory Of Victoria Morgan

There it was.

The playground.

It was an abandoned place. When we first saw it, it was all covered in moss, vines and dirt. But no matter how damaged it looked, my mom always found it beautiful.

In this forest I was with my tribe of wood and leaf, among the giants who's roots hug the earth. It is a place of ancient souls, of the creatures who dwell with the sweet sounds of moving water and bird song.

We would spend all of our time here when I was a little kid. Me and my family.

The nights here were even more majestic. Even in the velvet dark there was the light of the stars. The light radiated from every star and her distorted lenses twisted it into gleeful patterns. She wouldn't move her gaze for the starry sky. She just held me even tighter in her arms, gently whispering different stories.

As time went on we eventually fixed the broken playground. My mom spent most of her time here trying to make this place welcoming. But it was already special to me.

Tears started to fill my eyes as I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder. Noah gently rested his hand like on it. He acted like I was made of glass. Like if he would make even one wrong move, I would shatter into a million peaces.