𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

『amelia's pov』

amelia's pov

Twilight melted away, majestic sunrise, red orange glow seeping over the horizon as if the light itself was being poured from a molten sun. Powerful rays flod over the landscape lighting every blade of grass, shining from each leaf. The sun heated and tingled my bare face as it was trying to get me up. I slowly started to open my eyes, but the bright sunlight made them close again. The light footsteps getting louder meant the failure of my perfect plan of sleeping in.

"Rise and shine, Amelia." Leo said smirking and leaning over my half covered face.

"Go. Away."

"Come on, don't be so harsh. You certainly don't wanna miss the amazing world of Rosewood High school." Leo said pulling my covers of my bed.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I raised my voice narrowing my eyes at him.

"Get up and get ready. And if I don't see you downstairs in fifteen minutes I will have no choice but to carry you down myself." he said smirking.

"Is this what I will be waking up to everyday?" I raised an eyebrow at him while walking on the cold bathroom floor.

"Yes." Leo answered bluntly. "If you continue laying around you'll just have to get used to it."

"I actually hate you." I muttered his way which made him chuckle and shake his head before I heard him going down the stairs.

I got ready quickly, the warm feeling of deep nostalgia overcoming me as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Lia. Did you sleep well?" my dad asked while flipping the pancakes over.

"Oh, yeah, just great, until Leo decided to barge in and ruin my beauty sleep." I said looking over my brother.

"You're welcome."

I just chuckled sitting right the opposite of my brother. The moment I slide into my chair I was served a platter of delicious breakfast.

I said my goodbyes and headed to my car. Stepping on the porch with my backpack on one of my shoulders, I looked around, taking in the surroundings. My eyes landed on the building next door - her home. The porch was filled with newspapers, scattered on the wooden floor. Every single one having one of Alison's photo as a cover. The vines near the stairs started to cover the sides. The windows were dark, dust covering the sides. The garden looked messy: dead flowers covering the ground, not watered in months.

3rd pov

Driving through Rosewood again for Amelia felt good. Nothing has changed. The same buildings, shops, cafes, school and people. Everyday they walked the same streets of this innocent little town that they called home. Innocent little town with a dark secret.