Chuunin exams pt3

Start from the beginning

"No, I sense another Chakra signal, but the illusion is disrupting my ability to pinpoint it". Akashi agreed with Sasuke. Kabuto said that the user probably matched the illusion's kunai throw with his real kunai throw and that that's how he got hit. "They only attack when the illusion attacks". Akashi furrowed his brows in thought. Naruto let out a loud 'oh!' and Akashi turned his way. "What?" He asked him.

"I'll just attack the illusions with my own clones, that way, the real user won't be able to attack until the replica does, unless they wanna blow their cover and show us their position". He did the hand signs for his shadow clone technique and a lot of Naruto's popped in existence. Naruto, alongside his clones, proceeded to attack the other replicas. The others soon joined in. They fought like that until dawn came. They were all spent. Sasuke, Sakura and Kabuto dropped down as Naruto's and Akashi's knees were shaking.

Not being able to stand upright anymore, Akashi fell on his knees and Naruto fell on his backside. The illusion disappeared and there, in front of the five of them, was a group of three. Akashi immediately recognized one of them. That guy... Sasuke and I stabbed him in the shoulder at the beginning. "You two... you're the ones who injured my shoulder, I finally found you. You wasted our time". He said as he looked between Sasuke and Akashi. "How lucky, I can finally get revenge". He raised his kunai.

They probably would have died here... if they didn't set up a trick of their own. Naruto smirked and the other four disappeared in a puff of smoke, in their place stood Naruto clones. Sasuke explained that Naruto changed his clones into clones of the others. The clones puffed out of existence and Naruto fell on his knee out of exhaustion. "Naruto, you used up too much Chakra, leave the rest to us". Sasuke spoke up as Akashi nodded.

Naruto, being Naruto, jumped forward and hit all three ninja, knocking them away. "I'm not gonna let you take all the spotlight". He raised his fist in the air, a victorious grin on his face. Akashi's eyes widened when he saw Naruto's grin. Is this really Naruto? He grew so much stronger... He glanced at Sasuke and furrowed his brows. There was a faraway look in the Uchiha's eyes. Seems like he's thinking the same thing.

The three enemy ninja did hand signs and clones appeared all around them. Naruto jumped in yelling that there was only one real one and if he gets that one all the other clones are gonna disappear. Kabuto and Akashi jumped in after him. Akashi focused his Chakra sensing to try and pinpoint the enemy, but all of the Chakra was the same, the enemy wasn't within the group of clones. "Naruto! He's not here!" Akashi yelled and at the same time he heard Sasuke's painful groan.

"Sasuke? Sakura, what's wrong with him?!" He shouted. Sakura was kneeling down next to Sasuke, who was gripping his own shoulder. "The mark is spreading over his neck!" She shouted back. While Akashi was distracted, the three enemy ninja exited through the ground and slashed at Kabuto, making him fly back. The fully got out and approached the defenseless Kabuto. "Wind Release: Air Current Wild Dance!" Akashi did the hand signs and the dust around them raised up.

It covered them all, making everyone, except Akashi and Sasuke, unable to see through. Grabbing senbon needles from his pouch, he jumped up and threw three of them, each hitting a vital spot in the enemies necks. As they fell down, unconscious, he dispelled the technique. The dust was blown away by oncoming wind. The enemy clones puffed out of existence. "Thank you, Akashi, you saved me". Kabuto sighed out.

"That was great, Naruto, Akashi!" Sakura waved at them from besides Sasuke. While Naruto was rummaging through the belongings of the three ninja, Akashi knelt next to Sasuke. "Let me have a look". He extended his hand towards the markings on his neck, but found his hand slapped away. "I'm fine!" The Uchiha growled at him, clamping a hand over the marks. Akashi huffed and got up. "Fine! Why should I care, right?!" He sneered the words at him and walked away.

"Look! I found a Scroll of Heaven!" Naruto gleefully shouted. Akashi nodded and glanced at Kabuto. There's something awfully weird about him... I just can't wrap my finger around it. The five of them continue their way towards the tower. Reaching the tower, they split up with Kabuto. As Team 7 walks through the room, Akashi whips his head to the room next door. There was a sudden Chakra spike. That Chakra... felt somewhat familiar.

His thoughts were interrupted by Sasuke. "I'm fine now, Sakura". He had an arm around Sakura's shoulders. She let him go and he took a step away from her. His gaze met Akashi's. The Uchiha narrowed his eyes and the redhead's lips curled up in a sneer. Their little glaring contest was interrupted by Naruto's and Sakura's conversation. "What do we do now?" Naruto asked. "Look at that!" Sakura pointed at a wall.

There was a huge writing on it, saying something about scrolls. She figured it out and said that they needed to open both the Heaven and Earth scroll at the same time to pass the exam. Sakura took out the Scroll of Heaven and Naruto did the same to the Scroll of Earth. As they peeled them open, they started smoking. "Throw them away!" Sasuke yelled at them and Akashi took a step back.

They threw the scrolls away and they rolled to a stop. There was a huge puff of smoke and there stood a silhouette of a man.