Chp. 3- Warm Welcome

I see a ton of teenagers in orange shirts and one in the front, the one Leo had told me about.

Jason Grace.

He pushed through the mob of kids, making his way to the front as soon as we landed.

Jason had a crazed look in his eyes. Like he had to much Nectar or was sugar high. He didn't look like he had slept for weeks. He looked in a daze, like Leo had come back from the dead or something.

Well, probably because he did.

In our victorious landing, Leo shouted:

"GUESS WHO'S BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER? GUESS WHO DEFYED THE LAWS OF DEATH? YEAH, THAD RIGHT BABY. I CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD, AND IM PROUD!"

I laughed as interested eyes wondered toward me. Leo protectively put his arm around me, as a man I recognized as Chiron, from long ago trots up to us.

"And who is this?" he asks in a scruffy voice.
I could tell Leo's adrenaline had worn off, and he calmed down a little. I was in awe of the beautiful surroundings, and all of the Demigods that had showed up like a crashing wave of orange just to see Leo.

I didn't think anyone loved him more than I did. But it turns out, this is his home and where he belongs. I suddenly feel like a trespasser in my skin, and take a step back.

Chiron must have seen the look in my eyes, because he softened a bit. Seconds seemed like minutes, while everyone was in silence. Jason rushed forward, exasperated.

"L-l-Leo?"

The son of Zeus was usually very controlled, never to show emotions and always be looked up to.

The way Jason looked right now, it looked like he has been broken inside and was slowly mending himself.

"Gods, I knew it" Jason wraps Leo in a bro hug. "I knew it. I KNEW you couldn't be dead." Jason starts to sob into Leo's shoulder, and I pat his back. I just now notice, Piper, Jason's girlfriend stares daggers at me. The intimidating dagger hanging at her waist wasn't helping. I quickly back off and leave them to their moment as Piper walks toward me with her hand clenched in the hilt of her dagger.

I gulp.

^^ YIKES! Calypso don't you know how girls are? Ugh, I guess eons in isolation can do something to a girl. Like, NOT KNOWING GIRL CODE! I knew Jason was such a big softie on the inside!! AWWWEE 😂 lol til' text time! ^^