Chp. 17- Intervention

Leo's POV.
---------------------------
------------------
----------

"Okay guys, we all know something isn't right here." I say in a serious tone.

"You think?" Hazel mumbles sarcastically in Franks lap.

"Yeah, and before we have fun here we need to figure this out." I add.

"I know we are all having weird problems of our own, and I'd like you to say them. You know, like the old days on the Argo II with Buford yelling at us to put our pants on in the background." I smile a bit at my own joke, and I notice Jason crack a grin.

"Leo is right." Jason says and stretches lazily.

"I guess I'll go first," Hazel huffs. "I keep getting weird feelings, I'm extremely tired at times and I hear strange voices in my head." Hazel shivers.

"Same thing with me." Frank says.

"Right here too, I just try to keep it to myself." Jason shrugs and puts an arm around Piper.

"Okay, that makes somewhat sense. You're all roman, and you have the same symptoms." I state.

"This feels like some kind of therapy circle." Hazel groans and I actually laugh.

"Okay, what's going on with Percy?" I ask.

Annabeth shifts on her beach towel, and looks uncomfortable.

"Percy uhm, uhh.. he's the having issues coping." Annabeth puts a caring hand on Percy's shoulder.

"It's alright, wise girl," Percy sighs. "I hurt myself, because of overthinking and something telling me of all my mistakes. And the bad memories of.. Tartarus." Percy has tears rolling down his face, and Annabeth wipes them then kisses his cheek.

I watch around our circle as everyone gives a horrified stare, and they all look at his wrists. I quickly try to change the subject to get attention off of Percy.

"So, basically whatever this is its making us depressed? But I don't know any monsters that could do that." I put my hands to my face.

"I need to talk to Nico." Hazel says then stands up shakily. Soon she's already over the dunes and on her way to the Hades cabin.

"Think, what Ancient Greek monsters have this effect? Any ideas?" I ask desperately.

"Hmm.." Annabeth puzzles.

Calypso nudges me from behind, and whispers in my ear.

"What about Circe? She's an evil sorceress so she could probably mess with mortal emotions." Calypso says.

"That's a great idea, but I don't think this is her doing." I answer back.

I hear a collective gasp from Annabeth and Hazel, somehow Hazel had already come back from the Hades cabin, and her and Annabeth had their noses in a CHB Laptop.

"Oh gods." Hazel said and stumbled backwards, and falling. Frank tried to catch her, but she hit the sand with a thud. A look of horror was plastered across her delicate features and she hugged her legs to her chest. Frank put a caring arm around her.

"What is it Hazel? Piper walks over to her and asks her. Hazel just shakes her head and leans into Franks side.

"Hazel?" Annabeth asks.

"I think she needs a rest.. someone order a watch on her and lookouts outside her cabin." Piper says and takes charge.

"I'll take her back. Do you think Chiron will let me stay in the cabin with her?" Frank asks hopefully.

"I will ask Chiron if you can. I'll ask him if I can stay with Percy too." Annabeth says with some kind of determination in her eyes.

Frank nods then picks up Hazel carefully in his arms, and starts to walk back to the Hades cabin.

Annabeth has a strange look on her face, I can almost see her brain working trying to solve this problem. She viciously scrolls on the laptop, and Percy just looks with her.

"Uh guys? I think I have an idea of what it is.." Annabeth says as she tucks a blonde lock behind her ear.

"What is it?" Piper asks, and goes over to where Annabeth is sitting in the sand.

"Well, based on what you've all said, I'd say that the monster or whatever it is causing this is trying to mess with our heads. They're messing with the neurons in the hippocampus of our brain that control emotions-" Annabeth starts.

"Hippo-what? Speak English." I laugh at Annabeth and her smartness.

"It's the part of your brain that controls emotions, Leo. Based on what everyone has said I'm pretty sure this monster is getting to us in the head. Anyways, the hypothalamus is a part of the limbic system in your brain, which is a group of forebrain structures that has the hypothalamus, the amygdala, and the hippocampus. Which I already talked about. These are involved in emotion learning and memory. It seems everyone is suffering from bad memories, and we're all on edge." Annabeth concludes.

"Okay thanks for the science lesson, but where does that get us?" I ask.

"I have no idea what you just said." Percy mumbles.

"It means, that the monster responsible is getting to us in the way we least expect it, through the mind. The one part of us that we thought was safe. That really narrows down the monsters it could be." Annabeth finishes with a grin.

"My gods, wise girl. Why are you so smart?" Percy's grins a bit.

Annabeth responds with a peck on his lips, then she folds up the laptop and stands.

"I'll let you all know tomorrow what I think it is. Then we can get a prophecy from the oracle and end this madness." Annabeth grabs Percy's hand and heads toward the big house to ask Chiron if she could spend the night with Percy.

Piper and Frank go back to their cabins, and soon only Jason remains.

"Hey man. Thanks for organizing this.. whatever this is. I really hope it helps too." With that, Jason jogs off to the Zeus cabin, and leaves me alone with Calypso.

And just a glimpse of hope.

Ina's POV.
-----------------------------
------------------
---------

I'm practicing sword fighting with Will Solace, and he was pretty good. His curly blonde hair would bounce with each attack he made. He tried to land a hit on me, but I pared aside his blade with mine. I couldn't hear anything over the clashing of our weapons, but I didn't really care.

We went at it for a few more minutes, I was playing defensive and just hit aside his blade. His moves were getting sloppier with each passing second.

I heard an owl screeching over the sound of our blades, and the one second I looked away I felt a sharp piercing in my side, a hit somehow missing my armor. In shock I dropped my sword, and quickly put a hand over my wound to keep from losing too much blood.

I didn't know how deep it was yet, but I felt the warm sticky blood seeping through the cracks in my fingers. Hearing Will yell for help, I knew I'd be fine. How bad could it be?

I see several Apollo campers run over to me, and I insist that I'm fine. They force me to take my hand off of of the wound, and quickly remove my armor.

I feel a pinch, then realize it's just a disinfectant. In no time there's a bandage wrapped all the way around my slim waist. They also pop a few ambrosia squares into my mouth to be careful.

Will picks me up into his arms, and says how sorry he is as he carries me to the big house.

When we get to the creaky front steps, Chiron is waiting. He must have already heard of the incident.

They take me to a sick room, and strangely Chiron follows me all the way to where they set me up on a hospital bed. Before I can say a thing, the only thing he says is:

"I know who you really are, Ina."

*1319 words*