Chapter 18

Chapter 18 ━━ Better Man

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Caroline's mom is now turning better and Lorna didn't see Kai after the merge. Stefan and I are now on good terms, thank god for that. 

She throws herself on the couch, after decorating the house for Bonnie's birthday with Damon according to Caroline's commands. Stefan slipped himself out, but Damon and she got caught for the decorations. 

"Hey." Elena walks inside.

"Hi." Damon and Lorna greet in unison.

Elena takes off her jacket and sees the cupcakes. "Ooh. You think we could sneak one before the party?"

"I think Caroline might fry us in the sun." Damon says, making the blonde chuckle.

"It's worth the risk." Elena takes a bite of the cupcake Damon is holding out to her.

"Come here." Damon wipes some frosting from her lips and licks his fingers.

"You know, we never talked about the fact that you kissed me." Elena says.

"And you kissed me back?" Damon takes a bite of the cupcake. "Yeah. I know. That's the whole point of kissing so you don't have to talk about it."

"Right. Well, I just wanted you to know that I'm good with that." Elena says.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. We-we're good. Really good. Ha." Elena smiles.

"Was this the talk?" Damon questions.

"Pretty much." Elena replies.

"Perfect." Damon leans in to kiss Elena.

"No PDA, please." Lorna requests even though she knows that they're going for the show off anyway. As she expected, they ignore her and continue their leaning in, making her groan and bury herself into the sofa, hoping it'll swallow her whole.

"Hello?" She hears Kai calling from the front door. She must be dreaming. Damn her. Why can't she think about something else other than that sociopath?

"No. That's impossible because why would he..." Elena trails off, making her assume that she heard it too.

Damon is still closing his eyes hoping. "He didn't. He's all merged, he's packed, and he's on his way to Portland!"

Kai walks inside. "Ooh! Forgot how massive this house was." He smiles as he notices the cupcakes. "Yum! Cupcakes!"

"Hi." He smiles up at the blonde and turns to Damon and Elena who are still in the on-the-way-to-kiss-eachother position. "Sorry. Am I interrupting something?"

"Yeah. We're going to have a threesome party. Wanna join?" Damon asks Kai annoyingly.

Kai smirks and looks at the blonde. "If Lorna's joining, I'm in."