Chapter 9

Chapter 9 ━━ The World Has Turned And Left Me Here

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Bonnie is still sitting atop the dirt, except now she has the ascendant in her hand and a grimoire in front of her. Lorna is sitting beside her drawing on the sand from a stick of wood.

Damon is slumped against a tree, chugging Kai's bottle of Zima. "Mmm."

Bonnie looks up at this.

"Mmm, mm, MM."

"Can you...stop. Let me concentrate?" Bonnie asks him.

"On the bright side, this stuff's not so bad. It's fruity and fizzy." Damon says.

"Damon, I'm working on something-" Bonnie says but Damon cuts her off.

"On the not-so-bright side, is your intelligence, because you took the only chance of us getting out of here and turned him into a giant... douche-kebab."

"Think about it, Damon. What prison gives an inmate a key?" Bonnie asks.

"Is that a trick question? Or is this stuff actually starting to kick in..." Damon trails off.

"I think the Gemini coven used a Bennett spell to create this place, what if that's why my Grams sent me and Lori here?" Bonnie questions.

"This is the face I make when I don't understand you." Damon goes cross-eyed and purses his lips.

"You know the last thing Grams said to me... was to stay strong. What if that was her way of telling me I have the power to get out? I have the ascendant, a massive celestial event to draw from, my cousin sister, plus a burning desire to get away from you." 

"Guys, stop fighting at least now." Lorna says looking between the two.

Damon's smile doesn't reach his eyes, and Bonnie holds up the Ascendant, shutting her eyes and starts chanting. His face becomes serious when Bonnie says the spell. 

The claws on the ascendant pull free and twist, Bonnie looks up at Damon as she stumbles to her feet, excited. Bonnie gives her hand and helps me to stand on my feet. 

"That's why Kai wouldn't kill me. He needed a Bennett... I and Lori were his only way out of here." Bonnie links our hands, turns and begins to walk with the blonde, who looks excited.

"Whoa, where are you going with her?" 

Bonnie, who is walking towards the hole Damon had dug, turns.

"Home. You coming?" Lorna asks with a smile.

Damon looks excited and looks up at the sun.

The sky above is still darkening from the eclipse, underground, Damon is sitting on a rock, and the hole Damon dug is directly under the eclipse so the light will pool through. Damon is staring at Bonnie who is standing directly under the light beside Lorna, he's chugging the rest of his drink.

Bonnie uses the Ascendant to slice into her wrist, she then drips the blood onto the Ascendant. "Okay."

She looks up at Damon and the blonde, who are staring. She breathes hard and she looks up at the blue eclipse light, she shuts her eyes and begins to chant. And just like before, the ascendant clicks and opens. They stare hopefully at each other.

"It's time, guys." Bonnie announces.

Damon sets his bottle down, and rubs his hands together, getting up from the rock. "Alright." He walks over to them, under the direct light of the eclipse. "Let's get awkward."

They smile widely whilst Lorna places her hand under Bonnie's as Damon places his hand under hers.

"Like this?" Damon asks.

"Yep." Bonnie nods.

Damon looks up at Bonnie. "I'm sure there are about a billion people you'd rather be here with..."

Bonnie smiles. "Not exactly."

Damon smiles back.

"Let's go!" Bonnie says, a bit suddenly, an arrow zips out of nowhere and catches Bonnie in her stomach, she gets knocked back. Damon is taken by surprise and the Ascendant falls with Bonnie. 

"Bonnie!" Lorna yells but as she rushes to her, a few arrows pierce into her stomach, making her fall into the ground in pain as well. She groans as she realises those arrows are applied with vervain.

Damon whirls to see Kai standing with a crossbow pointed directly at him. "Forgetting someone?"

Damon stares incredulously.

For some reason, half of Lorna is happy that Kai is okay and the other half is fuming about him hurting the people she loves.

"Did you really think I hadn't tried to kill myself before?" Kai asks whilst Damon looks back at Bonnie and me, who are grunting in pain.

"Because I had-" He reloads his crossbow. "-lots of times, lots of ways." Kai aims at Bonnie, while Damon's eyes trail to the Ascendant.

"Grab that, and the next arrow goes in her heart. Your choice." Kai warns him.

Lorna takes out the arrows grunting in pain, making Damon turn to her.

"Lor, you okay?" Damon rushes to me.

"I'll be fine. Bonnie." She replies weakly. 

Bonnie is making a noise in pain. Damon super speeds over to Bonnie, grabbing her so he can hold her in his arms. "Okay, I got ya."

Lorna looks down at her wounds which are not healing for some reason. What the hell?

Bonnie who's half-unconscious yelps as Damon rips out the arrow, he bites into his wrist, ready to heal her, when Kai rushes forward to grab the ascendant.

"DAMON, NO!" Lorna yells where Damon super speeds to Kai and shoves him at the wall, they struggle with each other, Kai drops the ascendant. 

Lorna, knowing nobody noticing her, drags herself across the ground to the ascendant, tears in her eyes. Kai stabs Damon with an arrow, Damon grunts in pain, he tries to take it out before he once again attacks Kai.

Bonnie is on the floor, fully unconscious with the blood loss and Lorna is bleeding out, as she crawls over to the Ascendant. The eclipse is fully overhead. Kai flips Damon over as he attempts to push the arrow in deeper.

Lorna reaches the Ascendant and grabs it when Kai twists the arrow in Damon.

"Lori... get...out of here with Bonnie." Damon says.

"I'm not going to make it." And then she smiles. "But you and Bonnie are."

Lorna holds her hand out. "Motus."

Kai is flung away from Damon, he hits the ground along with the arrow. Lorna levitates Damon and Bonnie until they're underneath the circle of light from the eclipse. Damon grabs Bonnie into his arms when they get there. And the blonde tosses the Ascendant to him.

"DON'T!" Kai yells.

The Ascendant untwists and clicks in Damon's hand. "No!"

The ascendant twists one more, a definite click before Damon is brought up into the light, and with a flash, he is gone along with Bonnie. The only thing left is the Ascendant, which shatters as it hits the ground. Kai screams furiously. And Lorna smiles, knowing Damon and Bonnie made it. The tear finally falls from her eye as she crumples to the ground, letting out a grunt of pain. And suddenly, everything goes black making her assume one thing.

She just had a blackout.