Chapter 3

Chapter 3 ━━ Who's There?

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

It's night time, and Bonnie is standing behind the stove where Damon usually stands. She is mixing beans in a pot, she makes three bowls of it. Damon and Lorna are sitting at the table silently, and Bonnie walks over and places their bowls in front of them. And she sits across from Damon.

Damon unfolds his napkin, and Bonnie hands him a spoon. He smiles at her as a thank you and begins to eat as Lorna imitates him. She sighs and looks down at her food.

"I miss them too, you know." Bonnie says, making her look up in surprise, and nods in agreement. Her eyes are full of understanding and concern.

Damon pulls the blonde into a side hug. He always cares about everyone even though he doesn't show that. That is why Damon is a brother to Lorna.

Bonnie smiles and looks back at her food and begins to eat. 

Damon grabs the newspaper on the table and stares at it. "Look who got 27 across." He sounds impressed.

Bonnie smirks. "I wish, 27 across is a rock I am pushing up an endless mountain."

"It's an old tongue twister Eddie turned top 40, Eddie Vedder, pearl jam. Yellow Ledbetter." Damon sits the newspaper down. And Bonnie looks confused. 

Then she grabs the newspaper and looks at the puzzle, 27 across is filled in, 'YELLOW LEDBETTER'. 

Bonnie, looking up at Damon. "Are you messing with me?"

Damon, taking it as a joke. "No, you messing with me?"

Bonnie, talking about the crossword puzzle. "I didn't finish this."

"Well, neither did I." Damon raises his hands in defence making them look at the blonde at the same time.

"What? You guys know that I'm not into puzzle things." Lorna says with an equal confused look on her face.

Bonnie, still-faced. "There's someone else here."

They are seated at the table, looking around suspiciously, where they find no one around.

Later on, Damon, Bonnie and Lorna are currently walking towards the small store in Mystic Falls to shop for groceries. 

"Youngblood Say you want me, say you want me out of your life And I'm just a dead man walking tonight But you need it, yeah, you need it all of the time… Yeah, ooh, ooh, ooh..." Lorna sings loudly as she continues to walk before Damon cuts her off.