Chapter 12

Chapter 12 ━━ Heartbreaks

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Lorna wakes up to see herself in between Kai's arms. He's already awake and watching her.

"Hey." She smiles.

"Hey." Kai says.

"When did you wake up?" She asks him and he shrugs.

"An hour ago."

"Why didn't you go for a shower then?"

"I like watching you." He trails his hand down her face. "You look innocent in your sleep."

Lorna place her hand on his hand. "Don't underestimate a girl with an innocent look." I kiss his hand making him smile. "Trust me, I can be your worst nightmare."

"I like nightmares." He smirks, making her playfully slap his face.

Then Lorna decides to get up from the bed and stand in front of the mirror. The reflection shows her with a whole lot of hickies all around her neck. She pouts as she examines them. "Why aren't I healing?"

"It must be something with the prison world. The more days you spend here, you'll lose your vampire powers." He answers, watching her from the bed.

"There is still space remaining on your neck. How about we make more of them?" Kai asks, making her chuckle.

FLASHBACK - MAY 9, 1994, PORTLAND.

Jo lies on the ground, a knife stuck in her abdomen. In the distance, screams and whimpering are heard while Kai calls out.

"Josette. Where are they?"

Jo pulls the knife out, sobbing quietly.

"Oh, Jo. Come on out, Jo. I know you can hear me."

Jo gets up, dripping blood on the floor. She walks to the next room and sees two young children hiding.

"Josette? Where are they, Jo?"

Jo whispers to the children. "Hey. Everything's gonna be OK, all right? Everybody's just playing a game. You guys want to play a game? You want to play hide-and-seek? Shh. OK."

Kai follows Jo's trail of blood. "Come on out, Jo. You know I won't kill you." Kai walks slowly into the bedroom where Jo and the children are hiding under the bed. He starts to walk away after a minute, but then comes back and lifts up the bed.