Chapter 15

Chapter 15 ━━ Tragic Scene

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Lorna wakes up and blink her eyes rapidly when she starts to hear one and only Kai Parker's voice.

"See, we never went out to dinner when I was a kid, so, I always had this fascination with chefs and fine dining. Dad actually let me cook... Taught me to measure by eye. Seasonings to taste, all that stuff, but it's different now in the restaurant world. Everything's on time. It's like, the fries go in, you push a button, it dings and you take 'em out. Literally no guesswork."

She tries to struggle to get herself out from the ropes, making her end up burning herself. The ropes are soaked in vervain. "Why am I here?"

"Uh, well I spent eighteen years in abandoned restaurants and now I'm showing off the fruits of my labour." Kai starts eating eggs.

"I don't mean the Mystic Grill." Lorna says.

"Oh, you mean like, here here, in Mystic Falls." He laughs. "Sorry, I'm nervous. You're like, really pretty. I really needed to see you again. We were in love back at Prison World and I missed you."

Lorna knows that he doesn't mean anything. It's just another lie coming out of the master of lies.

"Why am I here?" She repeats her question, ignoring his nonsense. 

"Well, I took the spell that was keeping supernaturals out of Mystic Falls and me, I like absorbed it...Like ate it, I guess." He takes another bite. "It's cool, huh? First I eat magic, and then eventually, I lose it. But a huge spell like that? I mean, come on. Magic's oozing out of me, it's all over the place. You know, I didn't quite realise I was out of control until I met the manager of the Grill a few hours ago. And he was all like, 'Hey, you can't come in here; we're closed. And you have an unconscious girl over your shoulder." 

She laughs sarcastically, unamused.

"And then I was like, 'Don't judge me.' And then I gave him a heart-attack-tried to, but all I did was make him vomit uncontrollably, which was like, ugh, let's stop that."

She stares at him, disgusted.

"So then I tried again and I think I broke his spine? I mean, I'm not, I'm not really sure, because the third time I tried the spell, he kinda exploded in blood. Whoops." He takes another drink of coffee.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Lorna asks him.

"I just told you, I have too much magic." He says, making her shake her head. "You know, it wasn't until after my test run with the manager that I realised, if I start to merge with Jo and my gushing fountains of magic turn her into that guy, then I'm not gonna have a twin for the merge. So, Lorna, that is why you are here." He takes another bite from his food. "Because I need to get my magic under control."