1 | The Story Begins

Silbie Luna dug her fingernails into Logan's chest, letting him know she wanted his tongue out of her mouth

Silbie Luna dug her fingernails into Logan's chest, letting him know she wanted his tongue out of her mouth. But once again, he ignored the signal, leaving her no other choice than to cup his nuts and squeeze.

A little gurgle came from the back of his throat, but he held the lip lock. Then, he layered his hand over hers and massaged his balls at her expense.

She jerked away. "Damn it!"

"Cut!"  In one motion, Director Sam Spelchek yanked his headphones off and rushed toward the pair. "Logan, this is your last warning. Do the scene the way it's written or—"

Silbie didn't let him finish. "It's okay, Sam. One more take and I'm sure he'll nail it." She zeroed in on the troublemaker, held his gaze for a long moment, then scowled. "Right?"

Logan ran his hands over his face and pressed fingers to his temples as if to keep his head from exploding. "Yeah. Sure. Just having a little fun. Clearly, I'm the only one here with a sense of humor."

"Not true." Silbie rocked back on her heels and fought the urge to dig the wedgie out of her butt. All she wanted was to rip off the irritating costume and soak in a hot bath, and that wouldn't happen until Logan cooperated.

"My sense of humor is as healthy as the next person's, but honestly, you don't know when to stop. Pull a prank once, it's funny. Twice, amusing, three times, it's downright exasperating, and right now, you're annoying the shit out of me. One more take, right or not, I'm out of here."

Red-faced and tight-lipped, Sam sighed so hard it was a wonder smoke didn't shoot from his nostrils. He squared up to Logan. "Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Test audiences hate the ending. They want Rayne and Cruz to share a kiss at the end. A sweet kiss. So, stop trying to perform a tonsillectomy on Silbie! Just remember, with the few scenes you have, it won't be difficult to replace you. Hell, this reshoot is already putting us over budget, so recasting your part will be easy. Got it?"

Oh, he got it all right. Silbie could tell by the way his face blanched and his Adam's apple bobbed. Not a good sign for a superhero. If the threat of losing his budding career didn't whip him into shape, nothing would—except maybe his agent.

So, how long would it take before Jo stepped in? Since she represented Silbie and Logan, she stood to make a boatload of money off this picture. Jo must have been telepathic because she pocketed her phone and hurried toward Logan. She looped her arm in his, then flashed Sam a smile so sweet it's a wonder it didn't attract bees.

"Don't you worry bout a thing. Just do it once more, and I promise he'll be a good boy." She glared at Logan and stretched her Georgia drawl as tight as it would go. "Won't you, sugar pie honey bunch?"

"Absolutely."

Silbie marveled at how skillfully the woman managed him. Then again, she'd landed him the part over hundreds of other unknown actors and two Hemsworth's. And with social media buzzing, it looked as if this would be a top-grossing film. Not to mention the ridiculous charade of an off-screen romance Jo invented. Taking advantage of Silbie's inexperience, Jo kept insisting having Logan as a fake boyfriend would make Silbie off-limits to unwanted advances.