Chapter 15

"It's not working! Maybe I'm just too upset to shift!? Right? That can happen, right!?" I know I'm being ridiculous right now but I think I'm having a panic attack.

I'm pacing my lounge, running my hands nervously through my hair, muttering inane things under my breath, trying to find a way to calm down but it's not working.

Aiden and Brady look at me anxiously, neither knowing what to do. Suddenly there's a pounding on the door.

"Tessa! Open the door! I can feel your anxiety!" Daly shouts. My eyes widen in panic.

"I can't see him right now! Please get rid of him!" I say with a anxious look at the door.

"He should know what's happened Tessa!" Aiden says with a frown.

"I will, just not right now when I can barely hear his voice without wanting to slap him!" I say hurriedly. He nods in understanding. I go to have a shower and leave Aiden to deal with Daly. I can hear their conversation while I'm showering.

"What the fuck are you two doing in there with my mate!?" Daly asks angrily. My heart sinks at those words.

"Are you fucking serious right now  brother! What do you think we're doing here? We're trying to look after our new sister you asshole!" Brady says with a snarl.

"How dare you imply that either of us would ever harm our mates by cheating! Or dishonor your own mate with such an accusation! She is not Stef! And honestly she deserves better than you, but the woman loves you for some stupid reason. So stop sabotaging yourself!" Aiden growls, full of menace. It's quiet for a few moments.

"How badly did I fuck up!?" Daly asks, and even from the shower I could hear the fear and sadness in his voice.

"I honestly don't know Tessa well enough to say brother, but what I can say is that you need to grovel for forgiveness. She deserves you groveling after that shit show outside!" Brady adds. I nod at that.

"Daly, we're your brothers. All of us would rather slit our own throats than do anything to hurt you. Tessa is our family now too. We will hug her. Kiss her. Tease her. Just like you do with our mates. You need to be able to accept that otherwise you will isolate her and that's no good for them!" Aiden says.

"Them?" Daly asks. Oh shit! Please don't tell him about the baby yet!

"Tessa, her wolf and those boys!" Aiden says quickly. I sigh in relief.

"Is she ok? I need to see her Aiden!" Daly says

"She was crying Daly, heart breaking sobs that made me want to pummel you. We didn't even hug her to comfort her because we were worried about you accusing her of something." Aiden said angrily. Daly swore angrily and I heard him pacing.

"Just let her rest tonight. Think of ways to apologize and pray she'll forgive you enough to let you back into her life. You know better than most wolves that the mate bond can be severed. Don't lose her Daly, she's your future!" Brady says heatedly. 

"I can't lose her! I love her! Completely! And I honestly have no feelings for Stef! At all! But I'm just.... scared, all the damn time. She's pushed me away so many times before that I'm just defensive I guess. But from now on I'm going to trust my mate. She's done nothing but be upfront with me and so I'll do the same!" Daly says passionately.

"Good, Stella and Jesse just got here, so how about we all go to your cabin, and think of ways for you to grovel and let them have some girl time!?" Aiden says with a laugh. I hear a knock on the bathroom door.

"Tess, Stella and Brady's mate Jesse just got here, I'm letting them in and us boys are leaving, ok?" Aiden shouts through the door.

"Ok. Thanks Aiden. For listening!" I call out. I finish quickly after that and walk out in my PJs, which is just a pair of boy shorts and singlet. Stella and Jesse are sitting on the couch playing UNO when I walk in. They both stand and run to me and sandwich me between them in a tight hug. I'm surprised for a minute but then hug them back.